LegacyGT.com

2nd Speeding Ticket... Prove Me Innocent?

Hanger

Totally agree. But whats preventing the officer from saying "Hey, don't you know this is a school zone? Slow down!" and writing a warning?

&

He was doing what was basically 20 over in a school zone with flashing lights, and speeding even with the normal limit.

This^^

& why should the cops give anyone a break? They're not there for that. I will be the 1st one to say alot of cops are dickheads but speeding through a school zone is not the same as goin 65 in a 55 where they might say "hey slow it down next time"

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
&

why should the cops give anyone a break? They're not there for that. I will be the 1st one to say alot of cops are dickheads but speeding through a school zone is not the same as goin 65 in a 55 where they might say "hey slow it down next time"

Why, because that’s not the norm? Enforcement doesn’t necessarily include prosecution as well. Also, Mr. Hanger did say he didn't see any children, anywhere.

My only point is that they do have it within their power give warnings only, and when they do do that, they tend to do so very discriminately.

Also, Mr. Hanger did say he didn't see any children, anywhere.

ever see someone get hit by a car? The driver ALWAYS says "they just came outta nowhere, I never saw em comin".

My only point is that they do have it within their power give warnings only, and when they do do that, they tend to do so very discriminately.

Right, but they don't owe it to anyone to cut you a break & give a warning. I do agree that they should more often than they do. My friend always got warnings, I always got the ticket.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Right, but they don't owe it to anyone to cut you a break & give a warning. I do agree that they should more often than they do. My friend always got warnings, I always got the ticket.

Then I guess this is where you and I fundamentally disagree. I don’t believe they’re doing anyone “favors” by not writing them a citation. *I think* they’re just in the habit of it. They are just another screwed up part of a screwed up system, in addition to excessive fines, and the right given to insurance companies to over charge for their “product”.

Cops are strict when it comes to speeding at school zones.

Where I live school zone is 15 mph. I dropped off my kids one morning and the car ahead of me was going like 20 mph. She got pulled over and cited, 5 mph over the speed limit! :eek:

I believe that if Hanger was speeding somewhere else he could have ask for just a warning.

Then I guess this is where you and I fundamentally disagree. I don’t believe they’re doing anyone “favors” by not writing them a citation. *I think* they’re just in the habit of it. They are just another screwed up part of a screwed up system, in addition to excessive fines, and the right given to insurance companies to over charge for their “product”.

:lol::lol::lol: ok you're gettin into a whole "change the world" thing now. Bottom line is you break they law, you get punished. Plain & simple. There's some room for discretion on the part of the cops but their actual job is to bust people for breaking the law.

sorry, but 2:54 in a school zone can be considered an enforceable time.

Ever drive by a school 30 minutes before the kids get out as parents are cluster f*ck double parking, doing everything they can to ensure their damn kid doesn't have to walk an extra 10 feet? You really don't need someone speeding through when parents are doing that... 2:54 is close enough to when schools let out.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

I just noticed this thread or I would have weighed in sooner.

Seems like a silly thing to get upset about. If you broke the law then deal with the circumstances. Don't get upset because you didn't get a break from the law enforcement officer.

The tint thing does suck :( It was outside the legal limit though. I would hate to have to scrape tint off my windows. Sorry. :(

:lol::lol::lol: ok you're gettin into a whole "change the world" thing now. Bottom line is you break they law, you get punished. Plain & simple. There's some room for discretion on the part of the cops but their actual job is to bust people for breaking the law.

I dont get what you think is so funny. The point of going to court is to determine if he broke the law in the first place.

I dont get what you think is so funny. The point of going to court is to determine if he broke the law in the first place.

He did broke the law.

- Doing 40 on a 25 school zone.

- A school zone with flashing lights.

- A cone on the intersection.

I think this is clear enough.

He did broke the law.

- Doing 40 on a 25 school zone.

- A school zone with flashing lights.

- A cone on the intersection.

I think this is clear enough.

this won't sink in until he reaches for his wallet :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I think it's funny that you made it a debate about if our legal system is fair or not.:rolleyes: You're more than welcome to move to another country & see how fair their legal systems are

Archived