LegacyGT.com

Adjustments for Fog Lights

jerseyglock

Good Q....I am going to check it out tonight. I put Osram all-weather bulbs (amber) in there when I had the bumper off. They seem to shine too much on the road.

That's what fog lights are supposed to do, throw a wide beam of light low down to the ground, other wise the light just reflects on the fog and lowers your ability to see ahead. You just can't expect them to reach very far, but yes they could be better...

That's what fog lights are supposed to do, throw a wide beam of light low down to the ground, other wise the light just reflects on the fog and lowers your ability to see ahead. You just can't expect them to reach very far, but yes they could be better...

Umm......duh. :rolleyes: My point was that more than half the light is on the ground within about the first ten feet, where it does no good as you can't see that from inside the car.

BTW....the stock bulbs are 27W Osrams, the replacements I got happened to be 55w, so one would expect a bit more brightness and throw. I am not realizing that gain, as the beams need to be adjusted up a bit.

No doubt. I have never had much luck with OEM fogs on any car though. I also have some PIAA bulbs left over from my Jeep that I will try as well.

:)

Key take-away from my first post: "when I had the bumper off". It seems I might have thrown off the alignment.

Guest *Jedimaster*
They are bigger, but I'm not sure about better. The LGT gets projector style fogs I think- they're brighter than the regular old bulbs on my OB for sure- I'm looking for brighter foglight bulbs now. The car looks funny with the headlights and foglights on- the heads are bright and the fogs are "not quite as bright".

The foglights can be adjusted by taking out the plastic trim piece around the foglights. There is a slot on the on the top part of the trim where you can put a screwdriver and pry it out. then you should see the adjusting screw which is on the upper innner corner of the foglight. Turn clockwise and it will raise the foglight.

BTW....the stock bulbs are 27W Osrams, the replacements I got happened to be 55w
:eek::eek: While you were back there did you happen to notice if the housing was all metal or not? I was going to get some 100W's for those, but maybe 55 will do :) So long as nothing melts down.

The cup is plastic, as is most of the housing, unless it was black painted metal. I was just trading messages with Ken @ RallyPerformance. He has Hella FF100's coming at the end of this month for the LGT. :)

Pretty sure they will be round. Ken has an LGT too, so he will have pics up for it soon. I would be interested, if they look good cosmetically.
I just want housings that I know can handle higher wattages. The stock beam pattern is very good, looks like projectors. But if it's plastic.......

I would hate to see what your electric bill is like every winter month.

Keefe

Keefe, you must live in the dark man. The weakest bulb in my place is a 40watt, and that's over my stove. What do you have? I think the std. bulb is a 60w or 75w for home use.

Archived