LegacyGT.com

My first kill? Porsche Cayenne!

I picked up my LGT LTD wagon last week, and have only spent about an hour behind the wheel since. Suffice to say, I really haven't pushed it....

So, I decided to drive the car to work today, and on my way back from lunch found myself at a stoplight with a car beside me.

I didn't even consider racing until I noticed he was inching up, trying to get my attention. I looked over, caught his eye, smiled, and then looked straight ahead as I gently slipped the 5EAT into Sport mode.

Light.... Turned.... Green....

I take him off the line, and soon enough I am far enough ahead to add insult to injury by moving into his lane. (I quickly slowed down as we were on city streets.)

He then changes to the other lane, and it wasn't until he shot past that I noticed he was in a Cayenne(!). It must have been the S model, because the turbo would have eaten me for lunch.

:lol:

I read the manual today and it said "Do not exceed 4000 RPMs before 1000 miles except in case of emergency."

I'm sure this qualified as an emergency. Wouldn't you agree?

My wife and I have knocked off some Yippy-Ay-Cay-enne's too. The first was an 'S' driving home from the dealer the first day...without even trying hard. Most high end rides here are driven by limp wrists or soccer moms, so not a fair test of the vehicle. Keep 'em humble ;-)

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

you took out an SUV...this classifes as a kill how? it's a friggin SUV!!! now had to said boxster then i would have been impressed! my 1/2 a cent!

Kenda

The guy challenged me... we raced... I won.

If it's not a kill, what is it?

It may have just been a Cayenne, aka the little V6.

yeah, 0-60 in 8.8 seconds (Car and Driver, 1/05) for only $55K... they actually suggest debadging it and avoiding eye contact at stoplight drag races... :lol:

I say good kill, SUV or not, it is a Porsche and the S costs almost 3X as much as the LGT/OBXT and deserves to be put in it's place when given the opportunity.

you took out an SUV...this classifes as a kill how? it's a friggin SUV!!! now had to said boxster then i would have been impressed! my 1/2 a cent!

Kenda

Meh, a Boxter? I STILL wouldn't be impressed. I'd take a S2K anyday over a Boxter.

I would give anything that says Porsche on it some cred'.

"There Is No Substitue" http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/usa/cayenne/cayennes/default.htm

And it's faster than our 138 mph limited machines.

Even a Boxter? :lol: You make me laugh.

The Cayenne is a bad arse machine. Porsched put a ton of $$ in the R&D for it and I think it paid off. Of all SUV's out there, the Cayenne simply dominates. Even if you don't like SUV's, it has earned a high level respect in its own category.

When it comes to performance and the 0-60's are in line with our cars I think it's a fair race, even if we're tempting the V10 RAMs. With that in mind, the Porsche started initiated the race + comparable performance = Good Kill.

:)

-JGR

I think the Cayenne is downright ugly, so I don't care how fast it is.

It is shameful to me that Porsche (one of the greatest automotive companies in the history of mankind) decided to sell out and manufacture an SUV.

From a marketing perspective, it was the right thing to do (because enviromentally careless, pampered, overweight Americans all want an SUV), but from a purist aspect, the Cayenne is an abomination.

Archived