LegacyGT.com

Water in my fan blower motor

Well I was given a link to check out in another thread and I've got some info to share.

My original problem was that I heard a strange noise from the blower motor. Pulled the blower motor and had a good amount of water on the pass side kick panel, and in the blower motor itself.

I tore apart the pass side dash and pulled out the infamous clogged evap line. It was free and clear with no kinks. Reinstalled the hose and went on to do more searching here.

Some people suggested making sure that the sunroof drain lines are free and clear. I verified the front two are indeed free and clear. I read that the rear two drain lines do not do much (and are harder to check). Also, even if these were clogged I don't think they could get in my blower motor, but I had to check them out anyways.

So I have no idea where my water came from, but I bet it will come back and ruin my new blower motor at some point :confused:.

Any thing else I can check?

the drain for the ac. its a small tube coming out of the firewall on the passenger side of the car. it almost hits my after market downpipe. that should give you an idea of where to look for it. it drains the condensation that forums while using your a/c. spiders like to build homes in there some times. also leaves and stuff that fall into your cowl end up down there too. use a pipe cleaner to make sure its clear. or i just use compressed air. plow air across the tube creating a suction and it pulls all the water and garbage out.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I know where the tube is. I removed it from the car and blew it out with compressed air, but only air came out of it. It was in it's bracket under the car so it wouldn't be too close to the exhaust, like it should be.

I guess there could have been a spiders web in there, which I wouldn't be able to see when I blew it out.

Archived