LegacyGT.com

rally armor not completely working

ok so i have some rally armor, but they are not fully protecting the paint. i'm sure they are doing something but i'm still getting random chips on the sideskirt and in front of the rear wheel well. what am i to do? just not drive at all when they spread stones/salt on the roads? ideas? blame it on cheap subie paint? :spin::spin::spin::spin:

I'd blame it on the cheap Subie paint. I drove my new car for a couple months and it looked worse than a ten year old Honda. I've got an '03 in my garage that is in better shape than my '05 was after two months of driving. No joke either.

If you are going to drive it like you stole it through rocks and dirt then you are just asking for chips in the paint. I don't know what 'rally armor' is, but unless it is a vinyl bra then you aren't going to protect your paint from chips without covering it entirely.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

rally armor is a brand of oversized mudflaps. they should protect the car from salt/stones that are thrown from the wheels. they definitely deflect most of the stones but i still manage to get a few chips on the side skirt right in front of the rear wheel well. i guess i'll have to clean/buff up that area and stick some clear vinyl in that area.

I vote Subie paint too :)

The mud flaps will only protect the immediate area behind them. They will deflect the momentum of any of the stones flying off the back of the tires keeping them low, helping to protect your doors. But the gravel bounces, so what happens is the stones get deflected off the mud flap hit the ground and bounce right back up on to your side skirts. If you've ever seen a car with mudflaps in the rain you'll see what I mean by just watching what the water does.

Yep, nothing you can do except wrap your car in plastic. LOL When I had my Impreza I got rock chips in the weirdest spots just because it chipped so easily where other paint would of not chipped. One good thing is I believe Subie has a standard 5 year warranty on their paint.

I believe Subie has a standard 5 year warranty on their paint.

really? havent heard this before? where did you come across that information? any idea where I could look for it in writing?

My 2005 Corolla with 50K miles on it looks better than my subie did after 12000 miles. For some reason they just really cheaped out on the choice of painting process on the Subarus. Honestly, on top of all the other problems my GT had, it was the paint that really broke my heart and was the main factor in not picking up another one when I had a chance.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived