LegacyGT.com

Newb Needs Help

Okay - I'm VERY SORRY to do this....but I don't really know how to find what I want on this forum.

I apologize profusely for asking what I KNOW is going to get me flamed...but here goes:

I'm looking into buying a SpecB.

I want to know the best and most cost effective mods to the Exhaust, Engine, Brakes, and Suspension.

I presume the requisite FTSB/RSB will be in order, as well as Headers/Catback/Muffler upgrades, and If I get REAL Crazy some 6pot Brembos off an Sti....

I don't want an STi knockoff...anything I do will be subtle and effective.

No rice. No bling. Just tasteful and effective.

If you guys can just point me to the best sites/vendors - and maybe some good suggestions on bang for the buck mods, I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks for being gentle on the newb~!

gr :redface:

ghostrider, have you spent some time on here searching? All your questions can be answered by doing a little of that. You'll inevitably have more questions for specific members who've done those mods too.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest heightsgtltd

Not gonna flame you yet, but what you asked for is literally stickied or easily available..

I call lazy

PM Vimy101 for any SpecB related questions

Honestly - I've been searching and lurking for several weeks, and I don't find the stickies particularly helpful or complete.

I'd actually be glad to search thru pages of daily threads, but there's only one?!

I'm not used to this forum yet -- but I'm a long-time member of other car & motorcycle forums....so I KNOW how to search, and I am glad to do it.

I'm just looking for maybe a little more condensed format rather than searching thru EVERY link to every online vendor for misc. parts...I don't expect ANYONE to spoon feed me everything. I already have pretty good understanding of modding, and how it all works.

I was hoping for some specific input from SpecB owners too...since that's what I'm looking to buy.

I know I've made the classic newbie blunder - but believe me, it's not for lack of trying.:spin:

The link from fonts is more of what I'm looking for....and it is appreciated.

If you care to, please keep it coming. I will endeavour to contribute as much as possible to your forum as my knowledge base grows.

Thanks,

gr

Archived