LegacyGT.com

Tires on the GTx with 18's

Nsaglibene

Well a while ago some people were asking what tires were on the GTx if you got the 18 inch rims. Well I finnally looked them up on line and they are Falken ZE-512's.

here: http://www.falkentire.com/tires_512.htm

Well I do not know anything about tires so I dont know if these are good or bad. I have to say I have no complaints, they ride fine, and are fine in the snow, and they look cooler than the stock tires. Well what does everyone think about this tire is it good or bad?

-Nick Saglibene

What the hell is a GT(x)??????

It's got a Borla cat back, black leather seats with either black blue or grey suede inserts, 18 inch rim option, lame navigation option, and a lame blue X on the back. I want those seats in blue so badly.

Well what does everyone think about this tire is it good or bad?

I have 'em on my '97 Legacy GT (215/40R18). I'd rate them pretty much hopeless in snow, decent rain grip, and good dry grip. They're very inexpensive. And I agree with 2Simpletons, they're extremely LOUD.

I wouldn't buy them again unless I couldn't afford anything else. But at the time I didn't want to spend a lot, so they fit the bill.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

I have 'em on my '97 Legacy GT (215/40R18). I'd rate them pretty much hopeless in snow, decent rain grip, and good dry grip. They're very inexpensive. And I agree with 2Simpletons, they're extremely LOUD.

I wouldn't buy them again unless I couldn't afford anything else. But at the time I didn't want to spend a lot, so they fit the bill.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Do you have Nero M&S on your car now Dan?

How'd you compare them to the Falkens?

I have the Falkens Ziex 512 on my Forester and about 300-400, the commute to work is 5 miles so it doesn't see much highway except on weekends. But it's a great dry and wet traction tire compared to the stock Geolanders. I have yet to experience any snow to give them a test.

Archived