LegacyGT.com

on instlaling HIDs...

mmanus88

i'm about to have a relative install HIDsinto my legacy. he took a look under the hood and said something about making an inscision in the plastic to run the wire through being the only way. how did u guys install your HID's? is any custom work nessecary or do certain parts that give u access to the "light-works" just come off?

thanks (i have searched, seems no one has this question :))

i'm about to have a relative install HIDsinto my legacy. he took a look under the hood and said something about making an inscision in the plastic to run the wire through being the only way. how did u guys install your HID's? is any custom work nessecary or do certain parts that give u access to the "light-works" just come off?

thanks (i have searched, seems no one has this question :))

Insicision, to run the wire where, to the headlight housing? My HIDs are waiting for me at the Post Office now. I took a quick peak, and they should be real simple to install on this car. You'll have to make a 1'' hole in the back of the light for the dustcap and wires to fit through. Other then that no other mods are needed. (besides mounting the ballasts)

1"?!??! Which kit is this. My McCulloch kit only required about a 1/2" hole to be drilled and came with weatherproof grommets to plug 'em.

CRAP good catch....1/2 that's what I meant........DOH........they call the "weatherproof grommets " - 'Dustcaps' in other places......sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

Archived