LegacyGT.com

5EAT shifter

Nsaglibene

Hey all,

I was wondering if a manual shift knob would fit the 5EAT shifter, I wanted to get a Carbon fiber MOMO shifter, but its a little to expensive to buy it and figure out that it doesnt fit. I have unscrewed the knob on my shifter and it looks just like a MT thread but im not sure if its the same size. I was also looking at the subaru carbon fiber E brake handle for the WRX and it looks like the same size and shape as the legacy E brake, does anyone know if this would or could possibly fit? Thank you.

-Nick Saglibene

Let me know if you swap your shift knob. I'd be interested in buying your GT shift knob. I'm in Westchester too!

If you want...we can meet up and pull my WRX e-brake handle off and see if that will fit on the GT e-brake.

Here Subaru has the AT and MT knobs listed as different parts. I don't know if they are interchangable though.

The AT knob is longer then the MT knob because there is more area of metal to cover on the AT. I think thet are interchangeable. I dont like that MOMO AT knob, I think it looks too much like a microphone.

Hey,

Edvig as soon as I do swap my shifter, I would gladly give you my knob. I wasnt aware there was a difference between them though. As soon as I see what I find out about these knobs and what not we could meet up, right now im busy with wrestling and school, but we could meet once im ready to give you the GT knob. Thank you for the help.

As for the shifter I was thinking this: http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/shotblaccar.html

of if that wouldent work would this:

http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/automatic.html

I figured since the 5EAT isnt push button a MT would work, but I guess not? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Nick Saglibene

Hey,

Edvig as soon as I do swap my shifter, I would gladly give you my knob. I wasnt aware there was a difference between them though. As soon as I see what I find out about these knobs and what not we could meet up, right now im busy with wrestling and school, but we could meet once im ready to give you the GT knob. Thank you for the help.

As for the shifter I was thinking this: http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/shotblaccar.html

of if that wouldent work would this:

http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/automatic.html

I figured since the 5EAT isnt push button a MT would work, but I guess not? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Nick Saglibene

That second shifter would be a bad Idea because there is a spring on the push button type the is not in our car so the button may not sit right or cause a rattle, and also there is an overdrive buton, so wires would need to be hidden behind a ruber sleeve or cut. Either way it won't look good. Look for non push button shifters.

the automatic has a skinnier shifter rod than the manual. i test fit the subaru/momo manual on my automatic 4EAT, it juss spun around...the manual trannies and auto tranny knobs arent interchangeable, unless they make some kind of adapter...

If you do find anything, would you be kind enough to post the information? That would be greatly appreciated. I have given up this for now, but if anythin comes up, I would love to swap out my shifter...stupid plastic rubber..wutever shifter...

Are these threaded on the inside or installed w/ the set screws? that are tightened from the inside. Because if they are threaded, unless the 2.5i 4EAT tranny's shift rod is a diff size than from anyone else's the screw on type like the Subaru/Momo manual tranny one wont work. This is kinda wierd now...I wonder if me having the 2.5i has anythin to do w/ it...that would suck if it did.:mad:

Are these threaded on the inside or installed w/ the set screws? that are tightened from the inside. Because if they are threaded, unless the 2.5i 4EAT tranny's shift rod is a diff size than from anyone else's the screw on type like the Subaru/Momo manual tranny one wont work. This is kinda wierd now...I wonder if me having the 2.5i has anythin to do w/ it...that would suck if it did.:mad:

My Momo....set screw. But it holds like glue. (I have a few tricks up my sleeve). :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

So boxer you think this one :http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/shotblaccar.html will work just like yours? If so im prolly gonna order it soon. Well I guess that mean no 6MT for a while.

-Nick Saglibene

It will work. It may look odd unless you cut down the shifter. I did, and my shifter knob is lengthier....if ya know what I mean.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived