LegacyGT.com

WBO2 placement

Legend

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Don't take the Innovate tech's advice regarding "double-bunging" or spacing the sensor (to reduce heat). The WB02 will give inaccurate readings, especially so at idle or light throttle.

2) As far as placement goes, I think the spot Cobb (and others) choose is probably the best. Innovate says it shouldn't be on the underside of the pipe, and the only access to the top of the pipe is up just a few inches from the turbo. Access is great here and it works.

I am going for a new bung on Friday. I'll probably use the spot in my original picture or right on top in the 12 o'clock position. Kinda sucks I was on the right track to start but over-thought the whole thing.

I can give this little input. I have an Autospeed HFC DP and their chosen location which halfway down the DP on the tranny side(9 o,clock position perfectly horizintal) is less than great. My sensor flakes out once in a while and it gets caked with soot. I've had to pull it and clean it a couple times this summer to keep it accurate. I think it's placed just right so it catches any condensation in the pipe while parked.

I've also tried the spacer concept with zero success. Put it up top somewhere and you should be much better off. I'm about ready to have another bung welded in where Cobb puts theirs.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived