LegacyGT.com

Perrin Sways.....

BoxerGT2.5

How big are the Cusco bars? That's ones thing I didnt' like about the Perrin and Cobb advertisements..they didn't have the sizes.

But, the stock LGT front bar is 21MM..thats pretty thick..

B4

Front is 23mm/rear 21mm

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Soo...you paid $404 for 7mm... You could have saved $228 bucks..and kept the front 21MM..and raised the rear 4MM buy gettting the JDM 20MM unit for $140 shipped..

B4

$140 shipped? Mine was $150+37 for shipping. $187 – I have actually been thinking it was about the same to get the adjustable.

Any updates? Impressions? Pics???

Ok...I couldn't take any pics cause I had left my camera at my sisters on X-mas...:rolleyes:

Installed: Cuscuo (Blue) F/R sways

I decided to do the front and the rear to keep the same ratio front-to-back with adding a slight oversteer to the car, as the stiffness interms of ratio increased moreso in the rear than it did the front. The improvement in cornering is substantial and very pleasing. Yes, even with the bigger front sway the nose does tend to lean still, but I have added the front underbrace and it has helped with this. I did drive the car after only installing the rear sway and for my tastes I did not care for it. With the rear staying flatter, it gave me the feeling of the car twisting?? Maybe Keefe will understand what I'm tryin to say once he reads this? I did not push the car too much because I have my snow's on and didn't care to tear them up rackin the car in the corners.

Both the front and rear sways are anchored to the car by Perrin endlinks. I would advise anyone who puts on beefier sways to do so with upgraded endlinks. The stock links are pencil thin and will not take to mass amounts of torsion well. To give you some indication of this; I had installed tanabe sways on my 8 with similar stock endlinks and the car twisted the endlinks over on themselves. However, that car produces quiet a few more G's on the skid pad.

Overall, I am very happy with the way the car handles in the corners, likewise with the turn in. The improvement is much more to my liking (considering I have gotten very used to the handling of the 8). All in all, there is no one correct set-up or ideal for everyone. It is all about how you want the car to behave. So what Joe Blow does with his GT and what I have done may be very different. However, we are both very happy with the feel of the car post modifications. :D

I did drive the car after only installing the rear sway and for my tastes I did not care for it. With the rear staying flatter, it gave me the feeling of the car twisting??

I'll take a shot... what I *think* you're trying to say is this: previously in stock form, you were used to the way the car rolled, both front and rear. So, it was the feeling you were accustomed to, and felt "normal" because the roll feeling "matched" both front and rear. Then when you buttoned the rear roll down, all of a sudden it felt like the front was still rolling while the rear was not, hence giving an unusual feel in comparison to what you were used to. Put the Cusco front bar back on and roll feeling became in "sync" again. Or something. :)

Thanks for the brief review. I'll be curious to hear how the balance is when you can beat on it with good tires. BTW, are you using stock springs?

I'll take a shot... what I *think* you're trying to say is this: previously in stock form, you were used to the way the car rolled, both front and rear. So, it was the feeling you were accustomed to, and felt "normal" because the roll feeling "matched" both front and rear. Then when you buttoned the rear roll down, all of a sudden it felt like the front was still rolling while the rear was not, hence giving an unusual feel in comparison to what you were used to. Put the Cusco front bar back on and roll feeling became in "sync" again. Or something. :)

Thanks for the brief review. I'll be curious to hear how the balance is when you can beat on it with good tires. BTW, are you using stock springs?

Yeah....you pretty much got it. :) I am running the swift springs. I will beat on it when I get my Volks back on the car.

Archived