LegacyGT.com

Women don't need watches, we have the time on the stove.

V4LG7

I've always loved Entenmanns' Marshmallow Devil's Food Cake. So I decided to try and replicate it the other night. :cool:

I used a basic chocolate cake recipe I had lying around from Culinary school a few years ago. As for the marshmallow frosting, I looked online for a decent recipe.

--73H R35UL75--

Entenmann's:

http://entenmanns.gwbakeries.com/images/products/e_marsh_dev_fd1.jpg

val-z:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/speakincode/cake.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/speakincode/cake2.jpg

Sorry about the crappy camera phone pikturez. I didn't feel like using my digi.

Anyhow, the cake was delicious as always - very moist. As for the frosting, I might use a different recipe next time. The frosting came out a bit grainy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like your dorky decorations for the plate as well! (nerd!)

:lol: Thanks, I was in the mood to be creative. My pastry skills are a bit rusty, especially with the frosting and decorating. I didn't have all my tools (frosting spatula, etc.) I did have my old cake wheel thingy though.

I've always loved Entenmanns' Marshmallow Devil's Food Cake. So I decided to try and replicate it the other night. :cool:

I used a basic chocolate cake recipe I had lying around from Culinary school a few years ago. As for the marshmallow frosting, I looked online for a decent recipe.

I didn't think you were old enough to have completed culinary school, let alone HS. ;)

I didn't think you were old enough to have completed culinary school, let alone HS. ;)

I went to a two year tech school for Culinary Arts and Hospitality. I'm 19 and in my second year of college, thank you very much.

I wonder if my wife would've preferred culinary school over law school. She's great at both endeavors but I imagine if cuisine was her livelihood, it wouldn't have the same relaxing effect on her.

After completing the first year of this culinary arts school, I decided that it's not what I really wanted to do. I then decided that I wanted to be a teacher. I am not a quitter so I completed the whole two years. It was a fun experience at first but I wasn't too fond of waking up at 6&7AM to cook for a few hours.

I did receive some sort of certification though, I think in food safety and sanitation. I also passed the ProStart program which is accredited with the National Restaurant Assoc. Blah blah blah, now I'm a future history teacher.

After completing the first year of this culinary arts school, I decided that it's not what I really wanted to do. I then decided that I wanted to be a teacher. I am not a quitter so I completed the whole two years. It was a fun experience at first but I wasn't too fond of waking up at 6&7AM to cook for a few hours.

I did receive some sort of certification though, I think in food safety and sanitation. I also passed the ProStart program which is accredited with the National Restaurant Assoc. Blah blah blah, now I'm a future history teacher.

Don't forget you can also teach Home-Economics too! Teach kids how to cook tasty food whilst not burning their whole damned house down.

Archived