LegacyGT.com

Security system screwed up

Not really sure where to post this but I'll try here first. Recently we had a really bad rain (in the middle of winter) so alot of the roads were flooded (6" max standing water). I did my best to drive slowly through them but Something still got F'd up.

Everytime I use the key fob to lock the doors the alarm/horn will go of in about 15 seconds. Happens everytime. Not sure what to do at this point. I hate leaving my car unlocked when I go in places.

I think, the alarm system will not turn on (arm) if, one of the doors / hood / trunk is "open". So, I'd say one of those switches is a likely culprit. If you have the upgraded alarm with the shock sensor, that could be messed up, I think it's under the hood and might be the first place to look.

How to find which door is a trick. The hood and trunk should be the most accessable, the doors would be a PITA.

Behind the bumper cover, on the passenger side, are both the regular horns and the beeper for the keyless entry. You may have had water get into either the harness connectors or the actual horn/beeper. I would take down the bumper cover and inspect them for water intrusion. Also, there is a harness that runs along the bottom of the radiator support that may have sustained damage in the past and now the water is in there. Good luck, keep me posted.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
i ran mine through a good 8 or 9 inches of water on some back roads for fun doing a little of my own brand of rally X and had no problems. sorry I dont have much to offer you in terms of fixing it but good luck to you, from all my work with atvs and other toys over the years I feel the pain of electrical issues. they are a PITA.

Archived