LegacyGT.com

First GT Allocation all 5EAT?

OK. So I currently have a refundable deposit with "dealer A" for a GT wagon with a 5MT at MSRP and thought I'd check around to see if I could do better. Dealer "B" gets back to me today and says that he can't even find one GT wagon with a 5MT. He said the entire 1st allocation will be autos. Hmm. Here's the kicker. He said my price would be invoice + 3% if I order one! :D His timing on ordering is 4 to 8 weeks which brings me roughly to mid July.....which is what dealer A was saying anyway!

You should be able to do better than MSRP too. Odd that the entire first allocation would be autos indeed. Although I was told there wouldn't be any orders until after the first allocation so my local dealer told me. I think they're just getting sick of me asking weekly about the LegGT ordering update. :lol:

Yeah, I was surprised about the "auto only" thing with the first allocation. What it may be is that this particular dealer doesn't have any available 5MT's (meaning alraedy taken) and is using the "I'll order you one at invoice + 3%" thing to get me locked in for when he gets one. Works for me. He siad he'd have the autos in about two weeks. We'll see.....

[quote name='SoldonSubie']Yeah, I was surprised about the "auto only" thing with the first allocation. What it may be is that this particular dealer doesn't have any available 5MT's (meaning alraedy taken) and is using the "I'll order you one at invoice + 3%" thing to get me locked in for when he gets one. Works for me. He siad he'd have the autos in about two weeks. We'll see.....[/quote] If you get a chance to test drive one of the autos, make sure to tell us what you think. :D

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='SoldonSubie']Yeah, I was surprised about the "auto only" thing with the first allocation. What it may be is that this particular dealer doesn't have any available 5MT's (meaning alraedy taken) and is using the "I'll order you one at invoice + 3%" thing to get me locked in for when he gets one. Works for me. He siad he'd have the autos in about two weeks. We'll see.....[/quote] If you get a chance to test drive one of the autos, make sure to tell us what you think. :D[/quote] Sure thing!! And, I got my digital camera in my car.

My dealer told me he's getting one of each in the first allocation. I'll drive both then decide which one to buy. I just hope he'll be able to trade the black manual he's getting for a silver one if that's the way I go. 90% sure I want the manual, OK more like 98%. :wink: I'll try to remember to take my camera. Not that I'll be able to post the pics but I'm sure someone on here will offer to host them.

I bet that it will be more difficult to find MT versions especially of the wagon. I'm sure it was more dependent on what the dealer had requested for their initial order. The additional price for ordering is where the VIP program is nice. Same low price for in stock or order.

I'm sure THEIR first allocation was auto only. I'm predicting that lots of dealers will be unpleasantly shocked at the demand for manual trannys on the GTs; much the same way that Mazda dealers were about the 6.

Archived