LegacyGT.com

Hate to do this but COBB or Kartboy?

KTM 525

I'm sorry i'm sure it's been beaten more so then a rented mule but i'm against the fence here. Wich one should I go with? Dont care about the extra 30 bucks on the COBB but what i'm afraid of is i'll be forever messing with the adjustments. Height feels to high now,throw is too long and on and on. With the Kartboy it's done. Only other negative is the COBB has no install directions. What do you guys think?

I like the fact that the Cobb is adjustable so you can customize it to exactly how you like. I don’t like the way Cobb handles business, ie no instructions with the unit.We have a few threads and various experiences to back this up. Have you put any thought into the Perrin or STi? The Perrin doesn’t shorten the height of the stick but does a great job at shortening the throw. Also what knob do you have? The stick knob is about an 1” taller than other aftermarket or momo knob.

Not much help but Im very happy with my Perrin :)

• 2 weeks later...

Either or... Both are quality units.

I have a kartboy because it came out first. No complaints whatsoever.

If you want a no nonsense kinda guy get the kartboy install it and forget it.

If you are a tinker freak and need to make everything perfect to the nearest micrometer get the cobb.

That being said I am a bit of a tinker freak... but I chose the karboy because I didnt want to spend hours on end wearing out my interior pannel clips trying to adjust the shifter so that its "perfect"

Archived