LegacyGT.com

Subaru New Dual Clutch Transmission On The Way

Kaycy

if i get another subie, it needs to have 350hp from the factory.

From the factory with 350hp! May be a prodrive perfomance kit would be a better alternative because of the current and coming emission regulations and fuel prices going up.

You can easily get 100hp over the STi "stock car" with the prodrive kit I believe.

All I want is a trouble free transmission from Subaru.

What is the 5EAT "VB" mod that members are referring to? Too tired to do a full search, but presume from context that it has something to do with the torque converter or valving???

BTW - Subaru 6MT is designed/engineered by Porsche for Subaru, so I think between these two over-engineering giants (German and Japanese), this is great box.

Kaycy - how many miles on your box and have you changed out the fluid load? I have several friends here who have had the same problem with their STI 6MT that you report. They changed out their fluid for the Subaru Extra S fluid and notchiness went completely away. Might be worth a go if you haven't already. The other thing was that they re-filled with Redline and other AM fluids and the condition worsened. Only the Extra S got shifting back to the "nice" stage.

BOT - cannot wait to see this Dual Clutch DSG-like setup. I'm sure it's going to be the next big thing for Subaru. That and the Turbo-Diesel in front of it.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Kaycy - how many miles on your box and have you changed out the fluid load?

Mine has done 55K kms or 33K miles. It has new fluids in the transmission from the last service (50K km). I have no idea what those guys use. I think it's worth trying different fluids.

I do not know what VB mod is but check the link below

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81672

Mine has done 55K kms or 33K miles. It has new fluids in the transmission from the last service (50K km). I have no idea what those guys use. I think it's worth trying different fluids.

I do not know what VB mod is but check the link below

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81672

Nope. The only approved fluid for 6MT box is Subaru Extra-S. If you're using something else, maybe that's the reason for your troubles.

Wondering why I am trying to be helpful with your attitude.

Both of them?...

If by "both" you're referring to both the DCCD STI 6MT box and the SpecB and 3.0R (in other markets) 6MT boxes, then yes, they're both designed/engineered by Porsche for Subaru.

And a dual clutch gearbox might be good feature wise, but that just means two clutches that will go bad at once. :( Hopefully the supplier is someone other than Sachs...

I'm with you there.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived