LegacyGT.com

Can't get into my car YET AGAIN!!!

its not the battery in the remotes...I have tried both..they have also re-programmed them also ... as soon as I leave my house they are fine...

I can't stand it...I'm calling them up today and I'm telling them I'm dropping the car off and I don't want it back till its fixed I don't care WHAT they have to do...

I'm not standing out there again for 10mins in 19 degree weather struggling to get into my car...its bullshit...I didn't buy a $32,000 car to look at it from the outside only...errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....enough is enough...

I'm starting to dislike subaru's...this is my 2nd car...they put me in this one because I was havin so many issues with my 05...and this one has proved to be a mistake also...when I 1st got it...it wouldn't start...it would take up to 45+seconds of holding the key till it actually turned over...

When I dropped the car off yesterday ... the service guy was like "well I guess were goin to have to have them take the panel off and look inside"...

so the 1st time they had it they only reprogrammed it...they didn't look to see if anythin else was wrong with it...their goin to keep it for a few days to see if they can get it to do the same thing....

yeah I got a turd for a rental...LOL...

thats what my roomate calls it..the impreza wagon...

actually the service guy just called...said they had no problem this mornin gettin into it...but its warm today...almost 60 outside...and sat it was 20...go figure...but still...they are goin to keep it the next few days and see if they can come up with somethin...bah!!

It is NOT possible for a dead battery to prevent you from turning the key. The key will always turn and the only possibility is that the lube might freeze(doubt that) or simply the parts might freeze up which i've had to pull the door very hard some mornings that were 20F and below because it was frozen stuck, or your locking mechanism might be malfunctioning.

When i had my legacy at 1 point the lock got stuck(had nothing to do with cold) in the unlock position. Only the driver door. So when i'd hit the lock button the lock on the door budged <1mm and remained open. One day i'm inside my house and here my car alarm go off and i assumed the button got hit in my pocket. However upon coming outside my car door was wide open in what was a breakin attempt but being that the car was "locked" the alarm went on and nothing was taken. That was the only way i found out about my lock malfuntioning. When i tried to push the door switch to lock, it wouldn't budge, took it to the dealership, and they fixed it under warranty. So yes you might have malfunctioning parts.

aww, no STI rentals? i would have complained, haha! This reminds me a little bit of when i had my corolla. At one point, i'd have to roll down the window for the driver's door and use the outside door handle to open the door. Either i had put the door panel on incorrectly, or the motor that unlocks/locks the door when using the switch was going. good times!! i know, not the same situation, but it was stressing me out :spin:

we figured out where the interference is coming from...now its a matter of figuring out whats causing it....

its my roomates car...he's an alarm disabler LOL...yesterday mornin I told him that it was his car that was messin with my car...cuz as soon as he drove away my alarm worked....

so he gets home last night from work...and proceeds to tell me how he was late because he had to help a fellow co-worker that he was parked next to disable his alarm via the valet fuse because the guy couldn't drive his car because his alarm was messed up....HAHAHA....so yeah...what in a car could send a signal to mess with everyone else???

hehehehehe though on a funny note the G35 that parks on the otherside of us must be pissed because her car starter doesn't work HEHEHE...maybe I would feel bad if she wasn't so rude...

Say WHAT? I'm confused - how does this happen??? What kind of car does he/she have?

Mentioning the G35... is it a new one - 08? The new Gs have the "smart key" system which may have an active transmitter... maybe THAT'S the car that's causing the issue.

Any other ol' car shouldn't "emit" interference unless it's radioactive or possessed.

If it makes you feel any better, mine is flaky sometimes too. The trunk unlatches sometimes for no reason when I am arming it. Other times, it won't arm or disarm. It seems to be happening more often lately. I suppose the battery in the remote could be dead, but it was brand new (they remote, not the car) just 8 or 9 months ago. Very odd.

strike

this mornin I go out to the car....NOTHIN...no response from the car...but the key turned in the lock...but no alarm went off doin that...I know I armed the car the night before...I get to work and it works fine...

I call the dealership and they are stunned they dont know what to tell me...they just said they will be in contact with subaru techs....

so all day it works fine...I get back home....NOTHIN I cant arm the car...it won't work...only if I manually lock the car door...and shut it it beeps to let me know its armed...if I use the key it disarms it...I don't know ... I'm not an alarm tech but I do know I've had the car for 2 months and I'm not happy with this...I shouldn't be locked out of my car....

I'm not at all surprised it was your roommates car. Well, that it was his CAR, but not at all surprised that it was an interference issue.

For some reason, I notice this in the city of Madison, WI.

I can't tell you what it is, but in Madison, I can't unlock the door with the remote from anything less than 3-4 feet from the driver's door. Some kind of interference in town. A couple other guys have noted this before also.

the guy that worked on his car just called back and said somethin to the way of when he was workin on his car and went to tighten a lug nut or somethin there was a few metal flakes on the wheel and he noticed they stood straight up as if they were on a magnet but he didn't think anythin of it at the time...so now we have to figure out where the ground is broken or if somethin isnt wired properly...

Archived