LegacyGT.com

Yeungling!

Tommyh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was drinking that while in Baltimore two weekends ago. I drink it when available, but wouldn't go so far to say I miss it. I would like to tour the brewery someday. Heck, even Budweiser tastes good when its only two days old.
ignore him, he'll go away.

The Lager is not a "gourmet" beer by any stretch, but it's a damn fine general drinking beer.

The next time I'm back in PA (most likely October) I'm planning on gathering some buddies together (and maybe some LGT people) and going to the brewery.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

:lol::lol: I still find it funny you guys can't get it. Almost every bar has it on tap around here & they sell cases of it at costco :lol::lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1 on best Domestic...Funny story about that though. I was in Bar of Baltimore on a $2 domestic night. Asked for 2 yeunglings and bartender said $8 please. I proceeded to get into an argument with him about how its the oldest brewery in AMERICA and he still wouldn't budge. I guess domestic = bud, miller, coors.

:( growing up in PA made me addicted to lager. i don't even think people refer to it as yuengling, it was only "lager" lol.

next time i'm back on the east coast next september i am def bringing a case back on the airplane. in fact, i should just drive and pack my car with multiple cases, so much lager that there won't be room for food in my fridge. om nom nom.

i consider it my 'comfort' beer. i miss it so. def not the best beer, but it helped me thru my college days.

brian

Oh the jokes we could make for this one :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

$5-$6/pint is about avg around here

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Whats a pint of domestic go for around there?

A few years back when Lager first came to NYC it was selling for $10+ a pint and the company threatened to pull out because of that :spin:

what dude? I'm pretty sure lager has been available in NYC since the city was founded.

It depends. Domestics are about $4-$6/pint. Imports could run from $6-$8 on avg. I've never seen $10 pints of anything but I'm sure it's possible. I have however been charged $12 for a shitty mixed drink which is why I don't buy chicks drinks & why I only drink beer :lol::lol:

Guest JessterCPA
what dude? I'm pretty sure lager has been available in NYC since the city was founded.

It depends. Domestics are about $4-$6/pint. Imports could run from $6-$8 on avg. I've never seen $10 pints of anything but I'm sure it's possible. I have however been charged $12 for a shitty mixed drink which is why I don't buy chicks drinks & why I only drink beer :lol::lol:

Go to d.b.a., Burp Castle, Brewskis, Ginger Man, Blind Tiger, or any other beer bar, and $10 pints are all over the place.

Go to d.b.a., Burp Castle, Brewskis, Ginger Man, Blind Tiger, or any other beer bar, and $10 pints are all over the place.

True. I was recently at d.b.a & it was totally expensive. I don't remember exactly how much but it very well could've been close to $10.

I cant rememeber the name of this little hole in the wall place in the village on W4th (I'm not even sure it has a name). It's a little dump, belgian joint. You can definitely pay $10 for a pint there. Not everything is that much though.

I find it weird that Yueng is all over the east coast, but no where to be found in Connecticut or Massachusetts. :iam:

No shit. I grew up in central PA, prime Lager country, but then spent the better part of ten years in CT, so tantalizingly close, yet so very far from the Yueng. I eventually gave up and just moved to the other coast.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived