LegacyGT.com

Rubbing issues with tein s-techs and 245/40/18s

2.5gtbx_44

Hey I recently put on new wheels (18x8.5) with 245/40/18 on them. I am also running tein s-tech springs. Ive read and searched and have concluded that these wheels and tires should fit no problem but, I am having a rubbing issue. When I hit bumps at moderate to high speeds they rub. The backs more than the fronts but, they still rub. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this with s-techs and tire size or was it something I screwed up when I installed the springs?? Could my alignment be out of wack?? any input would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

the rears usually rub on the rear fender. ther si s rubber strip on the fender that you can remove to gain some clearance. afther that, you will have to roll the fender and if that still wnt work, you may have to buy adjustable rear lower control arms to allow you to camber the rear in more to get clearance.

For the fronts, again you may need to roll the fender or buy camber plates to camber the front in more for clearance.

245/40/18 is hard to run with out coilovers to get the clearances right. i run 245/40/17 and i barely clear my fenders, but i also have all the camber adjustability mods i listed above. what offset are your rims? if they are any lower than +48, you are gonna need to roll fenders at minimum.

Archived