LegacyGT.com

08 JDM Front Conversion

edekba

I've been reading a lot about this, but it truely seems that USDM cant use anything JDM front wise.

Bumpers, hood, grill, Fenders & headlights are all unique to jdm.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80667

So does this mean we're screwed out of doing jdm converson like the the 05-07?

WRONG.

Headlights are the same shape and size, just different mounting bracket. That has been confirmed by a member. The fenders and hood should be the same.

the guy admits he was wrong and you dont need to swap the fenders:

but the headlamps itself fits. no fender swap needed. for the bumper, i'm not too sure.. i think the biggest modification was definitely the sti grill on a non-spec B bumper. It was definitely a pain in the ass, but now that i look back on it.. sooooo worth it.

and i dont see why they would stamp two different sets of front fender sheetmetal, that makes no sense, and we all know...subaru is too cheap to do major things like that. and getting a JDM hood doesnt make any sense either, USDM hood should work the same.

08 front end swap should involve the same work as the 07s: bumper skin, JDM bumper beam, energy absorber, undertray. altho what that guy said about USDM headlamsp and JDM headlamsp using different brackets is interesting.

But arent the JDM or EDM headlights shorter then the USDM, if not thats great for the 08 guys get to swapping out front ends!!!

who is telling you this, or can you quote your source that you heard this from? They appear to be the exact same shape and size as the USDM headlamps.

They are the exact same shape and size, just different mounting bracket.

There is a post from guy who bought the new-style JDM lamps. Same guy who put SpecB honey-comb grill on his 2008 USDM LGT.

I was under that impression from the Carbonfiber eye fitment issues. If they do fit I suggest someone get the FLAME lights asap, Theres a led parking light to the outter area of the projectors that resemble a flame I will post pix when I get a chance later. They are HAWT!!!

who is telling you this, or can you quote your source that you heard this from? They appear to be the exact same shape and size as the USDM headlamps.
Mr.350

^has anyone tried a V-limited style? I really think it will work. I might be willing to order one from Japanparts if no one has had the balls to try. I can understand it would be a risk, but i am very stubborn and must believe the lip will work.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

^has anyone tried a V-limited style? I really think it will work. I might be willing to order one from Japanparts if no one has had the balls to try. I can understand it would be a risk, but i am very stubborn and must believe the lip will work.

If you want to be the "crash test dummy" for an '08 Lip; PM me and let me know + we'll work something out

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

Archived