LegacyGT.com

Alot of snow

Well, I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, right on lake Michigan and last night we got 14inches inland and by the lake 18. So i worked from home and at about 7pm i wanted to get for a drive, so i went otuside started my car and began cleaning it off. It took me about 10minutes because my mom was in town so i let he use the garage. I finally finished got in my car and noticed my check engine light, and my ABS light was on. My cruise light keeps flashing on and off and it wont allow me to use cruise control. The car runs fine, spools fine, drivers fine, no leaks, smoke, or smells. The ABS light went off and now the ABS works again, however my cruise light and Check engine light are still on i drove about 50miles now with these lights on. Anyone ever get this?

I have had that a number of times....no idea what triggers it?? It goes away on it's own, usually after starting and stopping the engine a number of times. Check to make sure your gas cap is on tight. I took it to the dealer after it happened...they could not find a reason for it, and it had "Cured" itself by the time I got there anyway. Good luck with all the snow....we had about 4 inches last night....No problem.:):)

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48611&highlight=cel+abs

It shouldn't be anything to worry about - if you've got an AutoZone near you, you might do well just to have them pull the code right-quick, to make sure that nothing else is wrong.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have been doin it for years, this is the first year i actually have a place with my own garage, and i dont like waking up early for work just to clean off my car, yes 18 inchs was gone in 10 minutes cause im the fastest ice scraper north of the Alamo.

I'd bet its code 5500 (speed sensor). Mine has done this once and when I scanned it that's what is was. Same issue "check engine, ABS flashing and cruse flashing. After sitting overnight it was clear and has not happen again. It seem to happen after I was stuck in some snow and had to rock the car....

Yea I have that same problem right now. In fact, it's the third or fourth time this is happening. First time, I unhooked the battery and reset the ECU, second time, it went out after awhile, third time, I took it for an oil change, but forgot to tell them about it but was fixed when I got it back, and now it's happening again.

Each time, I didn't feel or hear any difference in performance. I think I might wait this one out for awhile and see if it goes out again.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Naw, we haven't been getting a lot of snow here in North Jersey (at least where I live), but I noticed this time, my car wasn't fully warmed up, only about a quarter of the way up in the gauge, and I had to overtake a bus and went a little over 3 rpm.

Minutes later at a stop light, CEL is on and cruise is blinking. The roads were dry and it was sunny out, and I have a 2.5i (if that changes anything).

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived