LegacyGT.com

A motorcycle and a semi trailer go kaboom!

kienai

Devine intervention is about all you can depend on. I disagree about the twisties. Most riders are not experienced enought to even approach the limits of the modern sport bike, myself included. I saw a guy loose his arm after crashing trying to carve up twisties.

Pick your spots carefully, ride your section of road prior to screwing around, make sure some truck didn't drop a half yard of gravel in your favorite corner, etc.

That's why you do an easy test run before you start challenging the road.

It's tempting to do it on a first time but as long as you take a look at the twistes before you acutally start carving, it's much safer that way.

At the same time, I am not talking about dragging knees on any local twisties around here, that would be stupid since there is no margin for you to avoid anything when you are using 100% tread on cornering.

I do agree with you that twisties aren't the best place to have fun, but you can't be too protective about riding beacuse there just isn't a safe place to ride around here period....( Local Roads, Highways, Twisties, even Parking lots....)

Either way, for the people who rides in this forum, Ride safe!! :)

Devine intervention is about all you can depend on. I disagree about the twisties. Most riders are not experienced enought to even approach the limits of the modern sport bike, myself included. I saw a guy loose his arm after crashing trying to carve up twisties.

Pick your spots carefully, ride your section of road prior to screwing around, make sure some truck didn't drop a half yard of gravel in your favorite corner, etc.

The day after I got my crotch rocket I took it to the mountains for a cruise down a twisty mtn road...The very first sharp corner we came to, there was a Harley on it's side, a few feet from where the rider was laying dead in the road.

I'm sure he didn't realize it was such a sharp turn with a decreasing radius (I knew it well since I take my LGT up that way quite often) All is buddies could do was look on in horror.

He had taken the corner too fast, went wide over the yellow line and happened to meet the grill of an F-150 that was coming the other way. There was a big round dent where his helmet struck the front of the truck. EMT hadn't even arrived yet.

I sold my bike shortly after...Bikes can be such a rush, but there's too many variables one can never account for (mechanical failure, gravel, other drivers etc) It's just not worth it to me.

What bothers me about this thread the most is the subforum it was posted in. It ain't funny.

Maybe you should read through the posts first.

It WAS funny, until the details about this story started to unfold.

I'd delete this thread, but I'm not a mod.

Archived