"wax" mode on the self spray carwashes?

Is the Wax at self spray carwashes good/bad for your paint  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Wax at self spray carwashes good/bad for your paint

• Yes the wax mode is bad for your car, i dont use it
    • No the Wax mode isnt bad for your car, I do use it
    • Yes the Wax mode is bad for your car, I still use it
    • No the wax mode isnt bad for your car, i still dont use it

auto brushes are excellent for tires and rims with the soap - everybody knows not to use on paint though (I hope they do). Spray the rims with that brake dust stuff (multiple brands @ "the zone") hit it with the soapy brush, wash and rinse. Nice job every time for winter months.

My 2 cents. If you're not washing by hand, there's too much crud left behind to want to apply a layer of wax, regardless of quality, over the top. Also, any wax that's just sprayed on and then rinsed off isn't doing jack sh#$%t besides sealing in leftover dirt/salt.

Put a few good layers of sealant on before winter starts and it'll last well enough to protect until spring. Water still beads on mine from my last real detail in....hmmm.. October I guess it would be.

Every Fri. regardless of weather (unless snowstorm that day) I run through a touchless "laserwash" booth just to rinse salt from the nooks and crannies and get a relatively clean car for a couple days. If the weather is good and looks good for the next few days (rarely) I will run through twice. But always the cheapest wash they have. Usually $8 around here. Oh yea, if it's going to rain, I purposefully park outside to get a free salt rinse.

There's just no point trying to keep your car super clean in the winter months up north. Wax/seal really well during the nice months and look the other way all winter.

^+1, a good sealant will last well enough to bead through the winter when coupled with a good wash technique.

for washes, a soapy blast just to break up oil film, high pressure rinse (nozzle as close to surface as possible), (no sponge!), then complete hand dry before leaving the port to assure no water/sun spots.

this system after a good clay/sealant in fall, leaves car more than clean enough to wax after any winter wash, if desired.

forget that nozzle wax; if you care enough to wash your car in winter at all, you should properly seal it at least twice a year in fall/spring.

Archived