LegacyGT.com

rear swaybar clunking

wheatleya

I have an 05 lgt wagon 5mt and just installed the 20 mm solid whiteline rear swaybar, with the whiteline lateral lock kit. I am still on stock springs, endlinks, and stock cat back. I am having clunking issues especially when going out of my drive way over the curb, and around some corners. The clunking doesn't always happen around corners even when taking them very hard, but sometimes clunks when I am barely going around a corner.

Does anyone have any tips on what is clunking and how to fix it.

I have read all of the threads as far as I know on the issue, but it seems a lot of the people with problems have coilovers or springs.

Its really starting to annoy me, and my wife;)

I have been under it many times now. All bolts are tight, I have checked for spots with rubbing marks or any marks that would show contact and I have found nothing. I have even put small pieces of ducted tape on any spot that could come in contact with the bar to see if contact has been made (since ducted tape is soft and you should easily see a spot on it), and I have come up with nothing. It sure looks properly lined up and I have measured it according to whitelines instructions.

Anyone else think of anything?

I installed a sway bar on my grandfathers focus. His makes like a popping noise around corners and stuff. I contacted steeda and they said it was the bushings and was normal. He put some grease on it, kind of helped but it is still there. Very annoying. But his car came with no sway bar so it is still better than nothing. Stupid ford.

Archived