LegacyGT.com

LGT clutch down...

Well the dealership wants 1300$ for a OEM cluck,no flywheel,no TOB.And I kinda want too go stg2 anyways because I will eventually do a turbo upgrade.So why not now then later.

Don't ever deal with that stealer for anything, even oil change, that's beyond greedy. And tell them that.

By the way, if the TOB took a powder and bulloxed up the pressure plate (or the tranny case), which then caused the clutch disc to prematurely wear-out (or get soaked with tranny lube), and you're under 60K miles, then that should be covered under the powertrain warranty. Talk to the tech who did the inspection and ask him/her to tell you what caused what. Also, since you bought the car from a dealer, and if SOA won't step up to the plate, then you should be able to get them to fix this, or at least half costs with you.

Getting the OEM Parts at discount might be helpful. Here's what I priced at 1stSubaruParts.com (a Subaru dealership in Portland that I buy in bulk from regularly for all the Subes), and with the standard discount (normally 20-30%) the parts price is ~$725.00 as listed below. You'll likely pay $35-$45 shipping on that (just don't accept the 10% tag for shipping - give them a call and they'll work it out with you.). I just bought $1300 worth of parts from them and my shipping was $58.00 for overnight (which they bent over backwards to accomodate IMHO). If nothing else, use the dealer prices listed below as a reference with your dealership.

Anyway good luck and hope it all works out for you.

SBT

777559387_clutchinfo.jpg.ca673db4ae4d2846f2bcdda4f91fd30f.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well here the deal,they have'nt done a tear down on the car and I don't want to pay them to get one.Because am done dealing with them,am just going to get the work done outside the dealership.Because they told me a clutch is not covered under warranty because a clutch is a wearable item,just like brake pads.

Well here the deal,they have'nt done a tear down on the car and I don't want to pay them to get one.Because am done dealing with them,am just going to get the work done outside the dealership.Because they told me a clutch is not covered under warranty because a clutch is a wearable item,just like brake pads.

But only the clutch disk is a wear item. The TOB, the Pressure Plate and the Transmission (snout) are all covered under the 60K mile. And, if the TOB or PP failed, then you have a case for warranty coverage. Spend the time, since your car is stock and hasn't been modded, to make the case. Worse that can happen is that you buy a new disk and let them install it when they replace the other warrantied parts. Did the tech drive this, or just eyeball it. If it's driveable, and they haven't driven it, then they don't know whether they're correctly diagosing the situation. Either way, a tear-down is then covered under warrantee too.

In the final analysis, it's your decision. But if it's the TOB or the PP, then press the issue, especially since there's "smoke" associated with it. That clearly sounds like Powertrain Warranty to me.

Incidently, which dealership did you buy it from and is it the same dealership that's giving you the Heisman?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yea well the car is not drivable,it won't go into gear.But you know I would love to take the time and have the dealership do it,then stick it in there face afterwards.But I need the car now, and the dealership just gonna take their sweet time with it.So I think am gonna pass on going with the dealership.

i do get really really really bad shuddering in traffic after a while though..like really bad...i've got the ACT Street setup

If this is a 6-puck clutch set up or a normal round clutch w/aggresive friction they have a tenndancy to "shudder". They have a stronger grip for more power but less streetability. Unless i'm racing or build a high powered engine I keep the factory clutch set up.

thats not what they said to me...had to pay for everything cause the clutch caused it

+1

If a part that is not covered by the warranty causes damage to a part that is under warranty; none of the broken parts are covered by the warranty. They can do this by saying that failure to maintain/replace the "normal wear item" is what damaged the other parts so it's your fault not theirs.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived