LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Lagecy 3.0R Care

So I bought a 3.0R a couple months back and I just want to know some good tips to keeping my car running in tip top shape. E.g. What kind of oil to use and other tips that you guys may have. I just had the first oil change and its got a full synthetic in there right now. I have no idea if I should be using full synth or not so any tips from you guys about car care would be great.

P.S. i love my car. This thing is fast and hugs the roads during the snow here in chicago.

Thanks for the welcome. I actually haven't swapped the tires. I believe the 3.0R's have all seasons on them. Either way we just had a huge snow storm and I can still zip around with whatever Tires I have. I am just using whatever jiffy lube synth the guys put in. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to wait a certain mileage or anything before switching.

I have a 3.0R

they come w/RE92 AS tires, and some ppl here think they suck. I agree after switching to Goodyear Eagle F1 Summer, but then again Summer vs AS is like apples to oranges.

In terms of Oils, i dunno i bring mine to the dealership. Just keep in mind that the H6 needs an oil change @ 3.5k, 7.5k, 15k, 22.5k etc. I might bring mine in @ 10k, just cuz I feel like it, but the maitence schedules says its unecessary.

so a tire change will be a good call then? I think I'll run these down a bit first. I do notice though that they are "loud" if that makes sense. I will have to look into some goodyears.

As far as modding goes though. What can I do? I put a K&N filter in but that's it for now. Any suggestions on how to get some good power?

please don't tell me to get a 2.5GT... I like the H6

I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to wait a certain mileage or anything before switching.

No problem with changing too often - it's your wallet! ;)

A little feature that I would recommend is a magnetic oil drain plug. It will collect anything that shouldn't be there. But notice that it always collects something, so don't be worried if it has some minor "dust" on it when you change oil.

Anyway - since you have a 3.0 it also means that you don't have a turbo unless you mount an aftermarket kit. Essentially this means that the engine is a little less sensitive to oil quality (but don't select a lower quality because of this).

And when changing oil - always change filter too. It's cheap even if it's a little messy to change (but since you are draining the oil you are messing around anyway! :))

Maybe you also should check this post for more oil: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1664482#post1664482

453747.png

so I was just over looking at pics of some 3.0R's and someone mentioned the limited production of these cars. Does anyone know if my OBP is actually kind of rare? I mean I bought it cause I loved the black and had my choice of silver or black, but finding out that it is actually rare would be awesome. I noticed edekba did a lot of mods to his qsm 3.0R. What wheels are those, what brakes, where did you get the exhaust. I want to start doing some work on mine.

I think you're the first OBP 3.0R on the lgt.com. There was like 5 other QSM i think.

Here's what I got

Wheels = Prodrive GC05

Brakes = Brembo Sti Ltd BBK. (Black) Front & Rears

Suspension = 3.0R Specific Ion Springs + Cusco RSB. I bought the FSB, but it doesnt fit our car.

Exhaust = Prodrive AxleBack.

the fronts are from/for the 04 STi.

The Rear uses Sti Calipers but w/a special rotor so that the parking brake can be engaged.

I think they only come in black/gold. But you can get them painted if you wish.

Links here

http://fastwrx.com/wrxstibrbrfo.html

http://www.thekingofparts.com/servlet/Detail?no=46

http://www.thekingofparts.com/servlet/Detail?no=387

If you're serious about them, i know someone that can get you them cheaper than those listed prices.

Archived