LegacyGT.com

loc question

Mr. Ed

msmith: How would you compare the re-Q from the cleansweep?

Are they of the same function?

Not really.

The Cleansweep measures and then corrects the freq. response of the factory signal with a very powerful DSP equalizer, while also providing an aux input.

The re-Q simply converts signal to line level and applies bass boost at higher volume levels.

The re-Q simply converts signal to line level and applies bass boost at higher volume levels.

Which is essentially what all the devices do, it's just they operate on different levels of sophistication. The Re-Q is one of the simplest forms and as a result the cheapest and easiest to install. I find myself needing the adjust the bass a little bit at high volumes sometimes. It works well but it's not perfect.

Other more sophisticated setups require more wiring and calibration however it allows the equalization curve to vary as much or as little as you want. This translates into a much cleaner and more seamless sound quality.

It really depends on how far you're willing to go/pay for sound quality. Personally I think spending more than $400 for audio signal tweaking on a stock system is a bit silly, might as well just jump on replacing the head unit.

Which is essentially what all the devices do, it's just they operate on different levels of sophistication. The Re-Q is one of the simplest forms and as a result the cheapest and easiest to install. I find myself needing the adjust the bass a little bit at high volumes sometimes. It works well but it's not perfect.

Other more sophisticated setups require more wiring and calibration however it allows the equalization curve to vary as much or as little as you want. This translates into a much cleaner and more seamless sound quality.

It really depends on how far you're willing to go/pay for sound quality. Personally I think spending more than $400 for audio signal tweaking on a stock system is a bit silly, might as well just jump on replacing the head unit.

:lol:That's like saying a crop-duster and an F-16 do basically the same thing.

The Cleansweep actually corrects the signal back to flat across the entire audio spectrum and gives you a linear volume control, too. And, it sells for $299, typically.

With the other one... well, it boosts the bass at high volumes.

:lol:That's like saying a crop-duster and an F-16 do basically the same thing.

The Cleansweep actually corrects the signal back to flat across the entire audio spectrum and gives you a linear volume control, too. And, it sells for $299, typically.

With the other one... well, it boosts the bass at high volumes.

I understand this which is why I mentioned different levels of sophistication. I don't think your analogy is very fair, they still do the same thing on a basic level. How the individual interprets their ability to do so is largely subjective and depends on their expectations of the audio quality and budget. Most people, like myself, just want a clean low level signal to run a sub to fill in the lows. For this the Re-Q does a great job, although certainly not perfect or audiophile quality. I sometimes have to tweak the amp gain in the cabin but it doesn't bother me for the small investment I have in the system (I think I picked up the Re-Q for under $70 awhile ago).

I understand the place for cleansweep type products for people that want to completely revamp the entire sound system without changing the stock deck, but I personally think it's overkill when you're still heavily limited by the stock radio.

Personal opinion. I never said Cleansweep and Re-Q are equals, they just each have their own place.

RF 360.2 gives you the flattening function of the CS plus 30 bands of EQ per speaker, time alignment and digital 3-way crossover. Sure, it's a few hundred more, but digital control of these items allow you to truly tune the system to your desires.

Screenshot from my laptop (pre-tuning):

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50236&d=1206067666

RF 360.2 gives you the flattening function of the CS plus 30 bands of EQ per speaker, time alignment and digital 3-way crossover. Sure, it's a few hundred more, but digital control of these items allow you to truly tune the system to your desires.

Screenshot from my laptop (pre-tuning):

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50236&d=1206067666

+1 Add in time delay and x-over functionality. apples to oranges hard to compare two.

Archived