LegacyGT.com

Has anyone ran any tests runs with a Gtech Pro?

Magowin

My G-tech reads .1 to fast and 5-6mph to fast (G-tech gives you the 1320ft speed, not the trap speed) you just have to be on a LEVEL road with NO curves (even a slight curve tosses it off).

Last time at the track with my T-bird I ran an actual 13.81 @ 99mph and the G-tech showed 13.72 @ 105.

What was the outside temperature at when you ran a 13.66 on the G-tech? the colder it get the faster the car will go.

I think it was 21 degrees or so when I did that run. It's been really cold here in Jersey for this time of year.

Nice benefit of the AWD is the car still hooks when it's cold out. The car will make great power in the air up here in the north this time of year. You will see an easy 2 tenths difference from now to the middle of summer on that G-tech. Cold,dense air is like a free AP stage 1 LOL.......

Nice benefit of the AWD is the car still hooks when it's cold out. The car will make great power in the air up here in the north this time of year. You will see an easy 2 tenths difference from now to the middle of summer on that G-tech. Cold,dense air is like a free AP stage 1 LOL.......

The cold really makes that much difference eh? (2 tenthsish?)..Thats awesome...I guess thats *one* benefit to it being -35 here :)

No doubt. When you factor in humidity levels and barometer the difference in density altitude can be huge. Temperature effects the outcome the most. Here is a site that you can plug in numbers and get DA's. Using the same humidity and Barometer changing only the temp from 30 to 90 degrees gave over a 4K foot elevation difference. Cars do not run the same numbers up in Colorado as they do at sea level this is the same thing. Check it out http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da_rh.htm

For kicks I just plugged in the current conditions here on Long Island 10 PM 18 degrees / 30.50 Baro / 73% Hum and I am at 25 feet. My current DA is minus 3400 feet talk about mineshaft haha. Car would be a sure thing for a high 13 sec run in this weather. As nice as it is to set personel bests if you wind up running someone his car has all the same benefits as well.

It gets down to negative 3 out here in Buffalo sometimes... Negative 3 is like strapping on a JATO rocket.

I would actually like some consistency out of the butt dyno... perhaps a better intercooler will prevent the theif from stealing your turbo and one cylinder in 90 degree weather.

Archived