LegacyGT.com

Has anyone ran any tests runs with a Gtech Pro?

Magowin

I ran once tonight but the time was crazy quick and I know it's accurate because I've taken it in my friends Trans Am WS6 and the times we were getting in his car were close to Mags. The run I did tonight said 13.66 1/4 at 106.5 MPH. If I go back tomorrow night and try again I'm gonna look at the Speedo when I hit 1/4 mile to see how accurate the MPH is the 0-60 time was 5.27 seconds which is around what we got in my friends Trans Am most of the time. We never did a 1/4 mile run because he was scared.

whoah sounds like some kind of user error perhaps you were going downhill or something

OH- guys remind me later when I have time at work, One of my friends' friends taught us a trick to launch from a roll. It's intense.

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

I ran a G-Tech at the track like 2 years ago. I did 10 runs and compared them to the tracks actual slip. Average was the E.T. was within 1 tenth and the mph was +5. Do a couple more runs and see where the average is at and the mph will no doubt be high. The E.T. will be pretty close.

whoah sounds like some kind of user error perhaps you were going downhill or something

OH- guys remind me later when I have time at work, One of my friends' friends taught us a trick to launch from a roll. It's intense.

Mang, first of all you were granny shifting, you weren't double clutching like you were supposed to! When I was on the track I was able to drop my ETA using my downforce and SPT performance badge: its not power to weight, its HORSEPOWER PER LITER :rolleyes:

PS my Pyramid Audio Subwoofers give me 20 pounds of thrust but only if I don't have any lag that day and I get a good launch

• 2 weeks later...
The run I did tonight said 13.66 1/4 at 106.5 MPH. If I go back tomorrow night and try again the MPH is the 0-60 time was 5.27 seconds

So these numbers, I mean they kill anything from the track slips (heard 13.9+ 1/4, and 0-60 5.6), I understand the time is supposed to be off by what +.1? And the speed by +5 mph, that still gives the best times I've heard yet for the LGT. Is that just because its G-Tech and not track-measurement or is there something else goin on here?

In order for the Gtech to work, you need an accurate weight for the car + driver + gas + whatever crap you've got in the car at the time.

If you plug in the weight of the car, and leave out driver weight, your numbers will be wrong. If you plug in full tank of gas, then run on 1/8th tank of gas, you guessed it... wrong numbers. If the road is angled up/down, the numbers will be wrong.

The only REAL way to get accurate numbers is to take your vehicle to a scale and get the weight with YOU IN THE CAR. Then ONLY use the G-Tech with that level of fuel/gas that the car was weighed in with.

I've got an older Gtech(Competition pro 2001 model) for sale. $60 of anyone wants it.

I'm going back like 4 years but the G-Tech I used needed no info. Stick it to the windsheild and go. As stated this thing was within a tenth averaged over 10 passes at a track comparing each run to the track slip. MPH always +5.

I'm going back like 4 years but the G-Tech I used needed no info. Stick it to the windsheild and go. As stated this thing was within a tenth averaged over 10 passes at a track comparing each run to the track slip. MPH always +5.
I think Random was referring to torque / horsepower readings. I think most folks on this board put way too much emphasis on how accurate this device is for measuring power - this is just a gimmick with this device. Even with exact weight, there is no way it is going to give you readings that will correspond to a dynomometer - it's comparing a dynamic, changing enviroment to a relatively controlled one.

What is relevant is the CHANGE you will see following any modification you make. If your best time 0-60 is 5.9 sec before a modification, and 5.7 after, assuming you've averaged, you can say that your car is .2 seconds faster than before - even if the "accurate" time is 6.1 and 5.9.

If you want a guestimate for horsepower, punch in some weight, and use the same value before and after your mod - the percentage of change is accurate. If you want bragging rights, put in 4500 pounds. You'll look like you make lots of horsepower then... :)

There are lots of gizmos out there now for tracking performance. Cheap, objective performance benchmarking. It's a lot better than the old days of sitting in a car watching a sweep second hand on your watch and waiting for the odometer to show .25 miles travelled (hopefully not doing the driving as well)!

So power aside, the G-Tech times should pretty much be accurate within a tenth?

I was astounded at how accurate this unit was. So were the guys that operated the tree at the strip. Someone posted a site that has them for 35 dollars brand new i'd think it's worth every dime. Great for comparing mods and to get a real good idea of what your car would do in the qtr.

My G-tech reads .1 to fast and 5-6mph to fast (G-tech gives you the 1320ft speed, not the trap speed) you just have to be on a LEVEL road with NO curves (even a slight curve tosses it off).

Last time at the track with my T-bird I ran an actual 13.81 @ 99mph and the G-tech showed 13.72 @ 105.

What was the outside temperature at when you ran a 13.66 on the G-tech? the colder it get the faster the car will go.

Archived