LegacyGT.com

Official - Best place to have a Beer (Bar) in Chicago

f1anatic

Anyone has suggestions ? Looking for variety of beers (Europeans), atmosphere and decent food.

Map Room by Damen & Armitage

Hopleaf Bar by Foster and Clark

Resi Bierstube by Damen and Irving Park

RAM Brewery in Schaumburg

and in terms of places to buy liquor there's one by North Ave & Clybourne

Actaully I heard there is another place with a large selection to get beer around Ogden & Grand but I do not know the name and never been.

What else is there ?

Well see we differ in what we look for in a (beer) bar.

To me selection, atmosphere are more important than microbrew. And I never go there to pick up women - either I go with a girl or I go there with friends. Obviously locations may differ depending on the entourage.

I am also guilty of having been to Bar Louie in Evanston more times than i have been to Evanston (if that is possible !!! ha ha). We also have one by the school which I do not like.

So quiet and relaxed, not too noisy, decent selection and good prices? I use to really like Sheffield's but service has gone to shit over the past year.

Why do I go to a bar? :munch:

Where on Sheffield ? That street is just bars...from like Foster to Armitage pretty much.

I vote RAM off the list based on thread title.

Whats the criteria? Atmosphere? Selection? Women? Micro-brew?

is RAM somewhere we went?

Ramrods? :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived