LegacyGT.com

Another FX retro

Chief_Wiggum

Inspired by mr_luv, I'm almost finished with my FX retro. His crappy pictures didn't help much though :lol: :lol:

It's not really all that bad. Lots of cutting and fitting for the first side. The second side goes much faster. Everything seems to fit pretty well. Just waiting on my Hella Gen IV ballasts and I'll be all set.

Pictures of how everything fits. Hit me up if you have questions.

IMG_8104.thumb.jpg.94e8b50a907632f4360e540a6033ec89.jpg

IMG_8107.thumb.jpg.d151acaa1a94edc052a3c16a640724ed.jpg

IMG_8109.thumb.jpg.e9c4e53817f4a44796efae227b44e28c.jpg

IMG_8112.thumb.jpg.e8fdbf9d7020c1966555f863b1a4c508.jpg

IMG_8113.thumb.jpg.d8b9c4bb0bc2e3823b35e67d5bf48ad0.jpg

IMG_8116.thumb.jpg.b671e8e95a6f2430aea1d87d9a7dddeb.jpg

IMG_8118.thumb.jpg.d8e53f5ccead7d6d78ec0546e4bae46d.jpg

nice! ive had a set of bixenon fx units in my garage for almost a year now along with some other stuff. may just install them into a legacy lamp one day :) too lazy though as my e39 setup is fine as it is.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Clears make a ton of a differance, Try TSX or E30 clears.

I skipped the clear lenses, do you guys think they're really worth it? I'm pretty blown away by the quantity and quality of the stock FX projectors as it is.
Mr.350

Okay, finally got the retrofit done and installed tonight. Slight problem, and I'm hoping one of you guys can help me. I'm using Hella Gen 4 ballasts, and a battery harness with relays. If I turn the headlights on before I start the car, they go out while the engine is cranking (normal with the voltage drop I guess), but they don't come back on once the engine is running. If I turn the switch off and on again they light right up. Any ideas what's going on?

Okay, finally got the retrofit done and installed tonight. Slight problem, and I'm hoping one of you guys can help me. I'm using Hella Gen 4 ballasts, and a battery harness with relays. If I turn the headlights on before I start the car, they go out while the engine is cranking (normal with the voltage drop I guess), but they don't come back on once the engine is running. If I turn the switch off and on again they light right up. Any ideas what's going on?

I def would not have the lights on prior to turning the car on. Its not good to have the ignitors flash on and off quickly. most ballasts have protection circuits built in but last i heard they are good for a couple times and then thats it. this is info from awhile back though.

i know for a fact that mine do the same as the tard that parked my car one night did the same. lights on first, cranked, they flashes and came back on. i generally pull the main fuse on the harness prior to leaving my car with anyone (dealer, valet) just to prevent that. also with an mt everytime the ebrake is release they go on since i have them ruuning like oem with drl.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived