LegacyGT.com

HID Matched Halogen Bulbs

phillyflyers50

Ok so everything is good on the new HID's except now my yellow fogs that have Lamin-X on them aren't so bright anymore because the HID's are lol. I saw this on RPM's site.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=148

The Xtec/DDM 4000k HID Matched Halogen Bulbs.

My question is do you guys think it will make my fogs brighter with those bulbs? I have the stock bulbs in now. I know I could buy another HID kit but I don't have the funds for that right now. Are those 4000k bulbs a good alternative to make my fog lights brighter with the Lamin-X film?

Here are my lights. I think I have a couple with the fogs on. I just think the yellow fog lights are getting sort of washed out now because of the power from the HID's.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77870&highlight=HID&page=3

Thanks!

maybe i just looked at it again and it doesn't look bad. cars can see the yellow when they come toward you. style-wise it looks good but performance-wise the fogs don't do that much now. i didnt realize that when put your high beams on the low beams stay on as well, so if im in the woods going down a dark road i have my HID's and high beams on at the same time. now another question.. the high beams almost look yellow. i want them to try to match the HID's as close as possible. Maybe the 4000k HID bulbs in the high beam will work better? has anyone changed their high beam bulbs after installing HID's? Thanks

i just dont like the ugly yellow anymore when my high beams are on. i guess it doesnt really make much of a difference. the high beams dont even do that much with the HID's on now. i didnt know if i should put a whiter and brighter bulb in for the high beams.

i just dont like the ugly yellow anymore when my high beams are on. i guess it doesnt really make much of a difference. the high beams dont even do that much with the HID's on now. i didnt know if i should put a whiter and brighter bulb in for the high beams.

I know the situation. I was there too, but then that when I just had PIAA bulbs on, on with HIDs ... High beams are a rare thing that i use. Its just not worth it imo.

Archived