LegacyGT.com

Hear liquid "swooshing" when I take turns...

My car does the same thing. I have a brand new 08, and almost every mornign when i pull out of my driveway and make the first stop and a stop sign, i hear the sloshing sound coming from the dash area. I noticed the noise within a couple weeks of owning the car, so i figured it was normal. My guess was that it was some how a noise from the fluids in the engine bay, such as washer fluid or something. But honestly i have no idea about what it could be either. Sometimes more prominent when i make the turn after the stop sign. I may get it looked at by a dealer under warranty.

That is EXACTLY what mine is doing and I have an 05. If you figure it out please let me know what you find.

I don't remember hearing this but that was probably b/c of my exhaust being too loud. And I can't imagine that it just started so since I have no moisture inside the car I would assume all is well and it has probably been doing it for a long time I just couldn't hear it.

Keep me posted

• 1 year later...

I'm reviving this thread. While looking up other fixes I came across this thread. I have this same problem. It comes from somewhere in the vicinity of the dash. I have my car parked in the garage so it's not soaking all night. It has been raining lately, but this sloshing happened before all this rain.

Mine also happens just as you describe, while making slow turns. Same sloshing sounds.

Mblock and Topshelf,

Did you two come up with any answers to this mystery?

+1 for the slosh- my 05 GT gets this when I start up in the morning. It seems to go away after a while. I was thinking that it is the heater core. There's no water inside the car. I'm not sure if its a problem or just a Subaru 'feature'. :lol: If anyone nails this down, please post here!

• 6 months later...
Well I am the OP on this tread and I no longer have the issue. I think I fixed it one day washing the car. I blasted some water around the base of the windshield and I never heard it again. I am assuming that water was trapped in the drainage system (maybe from leaves) and I pushed it out???? I haven't had this problem in a long time now though, it never came back

Archived