LegacyGT.com

Fair Price for 2005 GT Wagon?

Derekb

I found a non-limited M/T wagon in Northern California FS. It has 41k miles and is in pretty good shape. The tires are marginal and the brakes are very spongy. Car has a clean CarFax and doesn't appear to have any body work.

What do you think a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

Just an FYI, the stock brakes always seem to be spongy. I swear SOA did it intentionally. I've owned a GT sedan and wagon and they both have spongy brakes. Easy fix though. I would say 17K is about right for that car, give or take a grand. I have been told by CARR Subaru in Oregon however, that if I wanted to trade my wagon in they'd give me 20K for it, but you know the saying, Money talks, BullS!@# walks.

Just an FYI, the stock brakes always seem to be spongy. I swear SOA did it intentionally. I've owned a GT sedan and wagon and they both have spongy brakes. Easy fix though. I would say 17K is about right for that car, give or take a grand. I have been told by CARR Subaru in Oregon however, that if I wanted to trade my wagon in they'd give me 20K for it, but you know the saying, Money talks, BullS!@# walks.

What's the easy fix?:icon_ques

Just a new set of pads and some Super Blue brake fluid with a full brake bleed. Some people would say you need to also put in stainless brake lines, but the pads and fluid alone will improve brake feel dramatically. Some Hawk HPS or Axxis Ultimate pads are a good choice.

Axxis Ultimate do not come in front LGT fitment AFAIK.

Stainless lines are worthwhile

Do not use Super Blue, why people insist on staining their lines and reservoir with blue? :rolleyes: Instead use ATE Typ200 Gold, OEM Porsche fluid.

I found a non-limited M/T wagon in Northern California FS. It has 41k miles and is in pretty good shape. The tires are marginal and the brakes are very spongy. Car has a clean CarFax and doesn't appear to have any body work.

What do you think a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

In June 07, I paid $18k out the door for my 05 Limited 5MT Wagon with 43k miles. I got a really good deal on trade, and on the car so I drove 7 hours to pick it up. Since that is a non-limited I would go with $17k or so, maybe less.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Axxis Ultimate do not come in front LGT fitment AFAIK.

Stainless lines are worthwhile

Do not use Super Blue, why people insist on staining their lines and reservoir with blue? :rolleyes: Instead use ATE Typ200 Gold, OEM Porsche fluid.

Dude, you're like a bad wife or something. Always have to contradict what I say. While I admit I didn't know that Axxis didn't make front pads for the LGT, I have always used Super Blue and found it to be a fantastic fluid. And likewise, who the hell cares if you stain the INSIDE of your brake lines blue. And if you always have fluid, who cares if you stain the inside of your fluid reservoir blue. The fluid is a superior fluid to most and is not incredibly expensive. And stainless lines may be worthwhile, but are really not that necessary unless you're tracking the car. Dude, stop badgering me all the time. It gets old. Go buy yourself a Kia and join their car club if they have one. Then you can pester someone else and be happy wallowing in huge depreciation. Seriously man, just take it down a notch. Please.

Dude, you're like a bad wife or something. Always have to contradict what I say. While I admit I didn't know that Axxis didn't make front pads for the LGT, I have always used Super Blue and found it to be a fantastic fluid. And likewise, who the hell cares if you stain the INSIDE of your brake lines blue. And if you always have fluid, who cares if you stain the inside of your fluid reservoir blue. The fluid is a superior fluid to most and is not incredibly expensive. And stainless lines may be worthwhile, but are really not that necessary unless you're tracking the car. Dude, stop badgering me all the time. It gets old. Go buy yourself a Kia and join their car club if they have one. Then you can pester someone else and be happy wallowing in huge depreciation. Seriously man, just take it down a notch. Please.

Seriously man, you need to take things easier. Just correcting things/proposing alternate views.

ATF Gold fluid is equally great and does not have the side-effect of staining the brake reservoir. It's inexpensive, too.

Steel lines are not necessary even if you track the car. It's solely about the pedal feel that is nice to have even on the street. I did not complain too much about the pedal feel after doing just pads, but then did the lines and the improvement was nice.

That's all.

05 legacy gt's with 30-50k are selling on the "auction market" for $13,500-$15,500.

if you pay much more than $16,500 you making that guy a lot of money. I wouldn't pay more than 14500 for a 05 GT with approx 40K

Exactly. I talked to a dealer who bought 05 LGT AT limited wagon w/30k miles on an auction for $12k. The car was clean.

Just a new set of pads and some Super Blue brake fluid with a full brake bleed. Some people would say you need to also put in stainless brake lines, but the pads and fluid alone will improve brake feel dramatically. Some Hawk HPS or Axxis Ultimate pads are a good choice.

I will do this. I would like brakes equal to the torque.

05 legacy gt's with 30-50k are selling on the "auction market" for $13,500-$15,500.

if you pay much more than $16,500 you making that guy a lot of money. I wouldn't pay more than 14500 for a 05 GT with approx 40K

I don't know that you could get that for the 5sp wagon ltd.

Archived