LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy \ 2009 Impreza

deeslk

Any hints as to what minor changes for the 09 Legacy and 09 Impreza, hoping to get my wife to switch out from Mitsubishi to Subaru. 08 Impreza is out because you can't get a factory sunroof, it is a must for her.

Just looking to see if any has any news or rumors on what's in store for 09.

Thanks

Any hints as to what minor changes for the 09 Legacy and 09 Impreza, hoping to get my wife to switch out from Mitsubishi to Subaru. 08 Impreza is out because you can't get a factory sunroof, it is a must for her.

Just looking to see if any has any news or rumors on what's in store for 09.

Thanks

Check out this link for some general rumors about the LGT: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70479

Most likely no major changes but they may have a special 40-year anniversary edition of the LGT, possibly adding xenon lights and a 6-speed, but since the next major redesign is slated to hit the US in 2010, I would guess not much is going to happen.

Since the '10 model will be announced in Jan '09, and probably released in summer of '09, the '09 model year will be short, which probably means very few changes.

It would be nice if they did release an anniversary edition. Wasn't the Legacy released in 1989? Though I believe it was a 1990 model, so 2010 might be a good year for an anniversary Legacy. Then again, there is that S Concept model they showed, which is in the current body style... S402 anyone?

S-Concept thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78219

One thing I like about new models is that they show an evolution of the car's looks. The transitions of the Legacy over the years is a great example, you know its a Legacy.

This is where Subaru blew it on the impreza, it looks nothing like any impreza before it.

Although you *can* see Legacy styling touches in the new Impreza. I agree though, they should have provided more continuity between models.

The bug-eye Impreza was a pretty big change from the previous model, then the peanut-eye, then the pig-nose,... The Impreza progression has been pretty schizophrenic.

I'm very thankful they haven't done that with the Legacy.

Archived