LegacyGT.com

Ebay Exhaust Review - Thumbs Down

dub strong

as an ebay shareholder and power selller, i think ebay is simply junk for whatever somebody will pay for it and to expect NO customer service whatsoever....not ebay's fault, the fault of sellers hocking stuff on there to make a buck w/out FULL disclosure of the quality of the product.

• 1 year later...
i just ordered the ETD system, its interesting there are like 5-6 different named places selling the same exhaust, all listed in El Monte , California ,,,,, already got the fed ex ship notification and it should be here in 2 days, i'll post some feedback when i've got it on the car ,,,, there is no way i was ever going to shell out 800+ bucks for 2 mufflers and a couple cat back pipes for my car so i hope this works out

The cbe works, it just doesn't last as long as the others. Also if you live in snow belt areas with salt on the roads... you best look into coating the exhaust since it will most likely rust.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

You folks are talking about the $300 ebay exhaust I always see, but has anyone ever tried this $500 one out. I see this one always available and its a little more expensive but still about half the price of the popular name brand exhausts. I am not interested in it for myself, but feedback would be helpful to others who might be considering a less expensive route.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-2-5-GT-05-07-3-Catback-Exhaust-Systems_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a2Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem250371843114QQitemZ250371843114QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

joeleodee - that pic looks exactly like the ETD exhaust I received today for $320 shipped. I unboxed everything tonight and it looks great, no damage, no bent tips, or any other blemishes on the tips . The welds on the flanges look great too, so far I'm pleased. I'll have it on the car Saturday for sure.

well its on and it looks and sounds good , if its not raining tomorrow i'll work on pics and sound clips

i have a local muffler shop and i know the owner , i plan on taking it to him because he's good and he's cheap : ) to work on getting the tips centered perfectly and the front connection tightened fully , i had some problems getting the springs bolts back that is no fault of the kit , it would just be a lot easier on a lift and i didn't feel like putting the car up on 4 jackstands today

overall the sound is pretty mellow and i'm happy it doesn't pop when you floor it and let off the gas abruptly like some sounds clips i've heard for other systems

i bought mine from there cx racing. identical to one you have and probably the xo2. however, unlike you i didnt have any dents, etc. the problem i had was fitment. the seller claimed it would fit on all 05-07 LGTS. as soon as i tried putting it on the midpipe was way off causing the rest of the system to be completely off. The muffler tips werent centered. i had to spend more money for a local exhaust shop to bend the piping to finally fit.

• 10 months later...
Yup. Ordered the CBE from CXLighting. It'll be arriving early next week. Hopefully they've made some progress in fitment and quality in the last couple years. I'm not expecting perfection, but I am hopeful. I trust Sprank and he says it's a solid system. I'll be sure to share my impressions.

i trust sprank too! erz downpipe is getting ordered next thanks to him ;) regarding the CXE system a little rust prevention and alignment of the mufflers is the most negative feedback i have read on the forums soo far.

No. The wife drives the 5EAT. So she has the Cobb DP and the XO2 CBE. She used to have the SPT CBE and the Cobb DP. I am running the ERZ DP on my SpecB with the SPT CBE.

My experience with both DP's is that the ERZ fits just as well as the Cobb, works just as well, looks as good as an Invidia, and costs 1/2 the price, lol.

As soon as the wife gets home I will post pics of the XO2 CBE.

STAY AWAY!!! When will people learn that you get what you pay for? Save your money for another month and get an ACTUAL exhaust.

Why does spending a shitload of money on something make it ACTUAL?

STAY AWAY!!! When will people learn that you get what you pay for? Save your money for another month and get an ACTUAL exhaust.

I could get three of these things for the price of an SPT CBE. Way I see it, spend the extra $700 on something that will actually yield some gains. CBE is really just a noise/appearance mod anyway.

After I cover it in high temp clear coat and give it some TLC to line up correctly it'll last just as long, sound just as good, and still be 1/3 of the price.

Here are some pics of mine. I am much happier than the OP.

Sorry the car is dirty (I guess my wife is a dirty girl, lol). But, it just came back from the desert (new years) and it looks like rain, so no wash today.

You can see the slight misalignment of the tips in the cutouts, but the are the same on each side. I tried to show the length of the tips in comparison to the bumper too.

I think it is great for the money, and the pics don't lie about fitment.

-Mike

740758859_airbox001.thumb.jpg.1cff172c85f7d03b07c32afa8267ff9d.jpg

745154759_airbox002.thumb.jpg.300201049950537fb9770f5d694d5d2e.jpg

1460653676_airbox003.thumb.jpg.3c9e179fd335830bf39a28ab36310e17.jpg

925302819_airbox004.thumb.jpg.95ae4fcd2d708a35e5ef8fedb968fdb6.jpg

559225999_airbox005.thumb.jpg.2de6b02312ef2b41bb955c74fe1bda79.jpg

1210289526_airbox006.thumb.jpg.33b67bbeacedf3513be17c8c05ca453d.jpg

433894647_airbox007.thumb.jpg.5aa44cfade6c9780b6fca7c7771a0e1e.jpg

I could get three of these things for the price of an SPT CBE. Way I see it, spend the extra $700 on something that will actually yield some gains. CBE is really just a noise/appearance mod anyway.

After I cover it in high temp clear coat and give it some TLC to line up correctly it'll last just as long, sound just as good, and still be 1/3 of the price.

Totally agree . Well said!

i couldnt agree more...the way im looking at it is. i am saving my money for an erz down pipe. a catless up pipe and a nice tune via AP or open source

OK, MDKSDMF pointed out something to me. I was getting my multiple cars and installs confused.

No one needs an adapter for installing this CBE to a stock or 2.5" outlet DP. You simply need to buy a NEW OEM donut gasket.

Install the donut gasket on the DP, use the OEM hardware (blots, springs and nuts). When you tighten the hardware the donut gasket will sink into the 3" hole farther than into a 2.5" hole. But, it will not sink in all the way. It will seal once the hardware is fully seated. Torque to 12-15lbs. I am running my set up (Cobb DP to CXL CBE) this way for 5000 miles with no issues. I even went and took 5 trips down the quarter mile on Saturday at street legal days. No leaks.

Sorry for the confusion, I am getting old.

-Mike

Archived