LegacyGT.com

2005 Car of the Year

With new nostalgic favorites – Corvette and Mustang – coming out in 2005, how do you think the Legacy will rank in “Car of the Year” contests in the US? Don’t forget that Motor Trend picked the Toyota Prius for the 2004 Car of the Year.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']It could win.. if it drives as well as it's other versino in foreign markets.. it really could.[/quote] I agree with the Z. If it's set-up the same it will catch the eye of a lot of jornos.

From SOA's site: [quote] AUTOMOBILE OF THE YEAR - IMPREZA WRX   "The competition was strong-particularly BMW's awesome new M3, Ford's surprising SVT Focus, and Acura's sweet RSX Type-S, not to mention the Jaguar X-type, the Ford Thunderbird, the dramatically improved Nissan Altima, and the new Toyota Camry." --Automobile Magazine, 2002[/quote]

I see the Leg having a lot of other things going for it as well, extra refinement, 1st rate safety, excellent hardware package amongst other things that aside from an award make it an excellent value and buy, thus also make it a candidate for awards. For me awards are secondary to what it actually has, but some cars tend to get it year after year which makes it boring and somewhat expected by some. I don't think we can count how many times the Accord has been on C&Ds top 10 and that is half the car in performance and hardware specs the GT is. It just comes down to what you like for a group of us, others need those reviews to make a decision, regardless of how one-sided they may be sometimes.

motor trend car of the year? no....its too bland. they dont always pick the most sensible car. ie (thunderchicken?!?!) but, it may bump the mazda 6 off car and drivers top 10, but wont replace the accord. thats my guess

Accord is just too versatile, reliable and solid to replace on the C&D list. If I was in the market for a roomy, bland, FWD sedan with relatively weak power (I need a manual, and they don't offer the 6 with a stick in the sedan), then the Accord would be #1 on my list. But I'm looking for something more... which is why I'm looking at the Leg GT so closely. :D

[quote name='racerdave']Accord is just too versatile, reliable and solid to replace on the C&D list. If I was in the market for a room, bland, FWD sedan with relatively weak power (I need a manual, and they don't offer the 6 with a stick in the sedan), then the Accord would be #1 on my list. But I'm looking for something more... which is why I'm looking at the Leg GT so closely. :D[/quote] My thoughts exactly. :D

[quote name='racerdave']Accord is just too versatile, reliable and solid to replace on the C&D list. If I was in the market for a roomy, bland, FWD sedan with relatively weak power (I need a manual, and they don't offer the 6 with a stick in the sedan), then the Accord would be #1 on my list. But I'm looking for something more... which is why I'm looking at the Leg GT so closely. :D[/quote] I wouldn't call the Accord weak. With a V6 it is quicker than a Marauder. OK, so that shows how slow the Marauder is more than how quick the Accord is, but point is that it is no slouch. Motor Trend COY? Doubt it. Automobile? Maybe. C&D 10 Best? Definitely, and hopefully can stay on more than just one year. What does R&T have?

Archived