LegacyGT.com

Outside Temp 37 F - Multi Display

hmm, anyone had experiance with < 0F temps? heh, does it even display?

Yes it displays for sure. I think the coldest I saw it was -18 on the Subie. The Audi used to display -20. Not sure if that is the limit of what it will display or if it just was only that cold:lol:

Most outdoor electronic thermometers seem to stop at -20F. I was in a store last year and they were selling electronic thermometers. There was a big sign on them saying they were supposed to be shipped to VT since they only go to 0 degrees. They were on sale:lol:

Now I am thinking it is sad I know this info. Maybe time to move:)

I looked this morning and it was 34 when I started the car and it didn't do anything. So if I interpret what was wrote from the manual, it will only do it if the temp DROPS to 37 while you are driving. I am guessing because bridges and such will start to ice above freezing. (also depending on the atmospheric pressure and your altitude... yada yada)

If you get in your car and it's already that cold you would know what it's like outside because you were just there :lol:

I'm guessing the beep is tied to whether you disabled the beep for your SI Drive too.

I'm too damn lazy to go :rtfm:!!! Besides it's cold out there, somewhere around 37 :lol:

Carter, I would ask you to check yours for me, but I'm guessing with your luck it's missing that section or has mysteriously melted together ;) j/k

I wasn't too surprised by this coming from my A4 crap car.

The A4 actually puts a little snoflake Icon up. It was there constantly when temp was below freezing and above 20 degress. The interesting thing is when the temp was below 20 (I think) the snoflake would go off. On those times when it read -20 degrees there was no snoflake. I guess Audi figured you would know it was cold when it was below 20 :lol:

At ~35F, black ice can form

At below ~ 25F, ice freezes so fast, air cannot escape, leading the ice to be white.

Black ice is the dangerious stuff, thats what its warning you of.

I have noticed a couple of times lately that I will hear a beep and if I look down my multi-display will show "Outside Temp 37 F"

I don't remember seeing this in the manual, and searched here with no results.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am thinking maybe it's an icy road warning? But I am fairly certain it only said it at 37, I know it hasn't done it in the AM when it was much below.....

Any thoughts??

anytime the temp reads 37 to the car mine beeps. supposedly that is the temp when ice happens on overpasses.

I wasn't too surprised by this coming from my A4 crap car.

The A4 actually puts a little snoflake Icon up. It was there constantly when temp was below freezing and above 20 degress. The interesting thing is when the temp was below 20 (I think) the snoflake would go off. On those times when it read -20 degrees there was no snoflake. I guess Audi figured you would know it was cold when it was below 20 :lol:

meh...my old mazda protege 5 put a snowflake up on the temp display. not bad for a econobox with options eh?

Archived