LegacyGT.com

STi calipers and rotors?

Sniperdan

Yes you can and yes they will. The front calipers will bolt right on. Only 04 STi front rotors will work for your 5x100 hubs. The rear calipers require adapter brackets as well as a hybrid rotor. You cannot use the STi rear rotors because of the parking brake differences. You can get both the brackets and rotors together from Mach V

As far as the upgrade goes... your stopping distance won't be affected much, but you'll gain better pedal feel and more fade resistance due to the additional mass of the calipers.

ignore him, he'll go away.

it won't hurt anything. As far as size, yes, they are bigger, but not by much. That's not where their advantage comes in to play when used on the Legacy. As Whitetiger mentioned, the benefits will not be realized on the street, at least not enough to justify the cost vs a basic pad and fluid upgrade. Many people, including myself, have done just fine at the track with OEM calipers, stock sized rotors, upgraded pads, and upgraded fluid.
ignore him, he'll go away.

:) I have brembo BBK on my LGT. it was necessary once I upgraded the turbo. however, with the stock VF40/43, upgraded pads and fluid will do the job nicely. remember, stock LGT brakes are the same as the Tribeca, they are also about 50% larger than the stock WRX.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

^ my advice to you is don't search the forums for pictures of brembos mounted on LGTs... just...............don't :rolleyes:

don't ask me if I have 2 sets of Brembo's laying around either......with all the brackets and fr/rr rotors and rear bracket adaptor needed to bolt right up......

:lol:

Archived