LegacyGT.com

First Service - Couple of Questions

Just came back from my first official service on my 08 Spec B. I changed the oil for the 1st time at 1K myself, but now I was bringing it in at 3500 miles for three things.

1) Oil Change

2) A window clunk when going up and down

3) Pop in the clutch upon release

First off, they did a nice job and are nice people. So they did the oil change. With the window, they are ordering me a new window regulator (whatever that is).

With the clutch, I demonstrated it for the tech and he heard it but said that it is normal and is just the sound of everything engaging. This pop happens when the car is running, stick in neutral and when I first start coming off the clutch. It is more noticeable in my garage b/c of the echo, but you can hear it with the door open if you listen carefully. Sounds like it's coming from the tranny. Do any of you guys have this and should I buy the 'it's normal' bit?

The other little thing as I look over my receipt, it says:

"Free service clinic safety inspection

Cause: 0AP25

A900251 Trunk Lid Making Noise"

Not that they charged me, but I have no idea what that is. Any ideas on either of my 2 questions? Thanks.

I have an 05, which is quite different from an 08, but I don't think any sound from engaging the clutch is normal. I've never heard a sound from the clutch/tranny unless I pop it into gear by accident.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

^^ if you do what I said and open the door and listen carefully as you come off the clutch in neutral with the car running, you don't hear any noise or pop?

If not, then it sounds like I will have to readdress

Archived