LegacyGT.com

vs Audi S4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no no no no :rolleyes:

I have owned two 05 Legacy GT's and neither of the stock suspension came anywhere close to my Audi's sport package handling.

In a straight line the A4 will hit 60 in 7 seconds, slow I know... but in the twisties you'll get smoked by both the sport package A4 and S4 if you're running your stock suspension.

i will have to agree that stock for stock

S4 sport package suspension > LGT suspension....

Thing is anyone serious about performance, could spend 3k in suspension mods, and 3k in power mods, and smoke a S4 that goes for MSRP of around $46,000.

Steven

meh, imho no.. audi feels top and front heavy, which it is.

Audi is very front heavy, like really really bad.:mad:

Stock for stock I would take a S4, but just a few dollars into a LGT and it will kill an S4 in the twisties. When my LGT only had Bilsteins sways and springs it wasn't even a comparison (and of course tires).

I don't know about a few dollars, I believe we actually have proof of stock vs stock that isn't too old. Who's got the links? I believe it was a stock JDM suspension, but still. We're lighter and have a lower CG. Also I believe the S4 suspension is also compromised for the US market vs what the JDM legacy was going against. Sure it feels rolly, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Sways diminish the road-holding capabilities of the car, period. The stock car is very underrated, you just have to have some balls and be an active driver. I like my sways because it keeps me from spinning the car around launching out of a turn, but for the twisties? It's obvious it's slower.

Archived