LegacyGT.com

anyone else installed the sti lip spoiler yet?

sandwood

I have mine in the garage still. Maybe tomorrow I will install it?? Not crazy about having to unbolt the bumper to do it, but it sure will make it easier to install the new Hella horns as well.

I went to the King of Imports site and print-screened the instructions from the forums section into a word doc. PM me if you want it - I will email it to you as it is too large to attach here.

-Dan

EDIT: Found the post on this forum (for all those too lazy to search for yourselves!):

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3971&highlight=lip+spoiler

Got mine done today. Not too bad....the only real tough thing was getting the center area to match up properly. The contours are off a bit, so I smoothed out some of the hard angles with the Dremel. This allows the top edge of the spoiler to mount more flush with the bumper. Here is a quick pick I took just before dark tonight.

DSCN3236.JPG.e8fed6ee6e8d537eff9b8f1b21566b03.JPG

Got mine done today. Not too bad....the only real tough thing was getting the center area to match up properly. The contours are off a bit, so I smoothed out some of the hard angles with the Dremel. This allows the top edge of the spoiler to mount more flush with the bumper. Here is a quick pick I took just before dark tonight.

I think that is perhaps the nicest wagon I've seen on the boards. good job.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Looks great Patagonian!! I didn't notice you got a grille!

Thanks! Yeah, I love the new grille. It really makes the front of the car look tough, instead of like an Acura (like my neighbor's TL). :lol:

Question is, do I leave the emblem or go naked? The trunk has been debadged except for the stars logo, so the grille 'works' with the matching badge ya know?

I think that is perhaps the nicest wagon I've seen on the boards. good job.

Thank you. This is my first Scooby......trying very hard to make it look 'clean' and factory-like. Are you downtown or just in the 'DC' area? I am not much for the organized meets, but from the posts I have seen, you have a nice project going as well. I want to do suspension, but am already 1" from scraping the spoiler coming into the driveway.....

Did anyone notice the rainguards? They really blend in....I have to point them out to people. These are the JDM version (vs the EDM ones which are 1/2 the cost)....much nicer plastic and finish. :eek:

Just got some used Prodrives for my winter rims....sold the stock wheels for $650 sans tires and 'traded' up to a guy in VT who wanted 17's. I put them on yesterday and will try to get pics up tomorrow.

Where did you get the rainguards? CC-B had them but…:rolleyes:

Yeah, I hearya bout them.

Paul@AVO rocks......got everything from him in one big box including a 20mm RSB. I will only go through him if I can help it, because I know he will take care of us and return my emails (promptly at that).

:D

Can you remove the front emblem temporarily so we can see how it looks? :p

Actually. yes. It's very easy - there are holes in the rear of the grille to loosen the badge screws. My only worry is getting it back in the same place....it is pure mesh underneath and no alignment holes. Maybe some silver paint on the rear to mark where to line it up for center.

Thank you. This is my first Scooby......trying very hard to make it look 'clean' and factory-like. Are you downtown or just in the 'DC' area? I am not much for the organized meets, but from the posts I have seen, you have a nice project going as well. I want to do suspension, but am already 1" from scraping the spoiler coming into the driveway.....

...QUOTE]

yep, in NW DC. I have pinks and no problems with speed bumps and the like, but I am a little concerned about catching the lip spoiler on something. nonethless, Myles at RaceComp is going to do it for me at the end of the month, so I'll take a shot. Gonna do the rear sway and endlinks too.

this is also my first scooby. it's a dream/nightmare with mods. this spring I'll go stage 2, look for 18s, and try and patch the holes in my pockets

:D

I don't do the meets either, though one of these days if there is a big one I might go. I'll be especially curious once a few more people have done exhausts bc I want to be careful about not making the car much noisier.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I started mine up while the rear cans were off when I installed my sway bar. Very nice sound and not as loud as I thought. Apparently, the turbo, cat's and DP muffle the sound. So, I wouldn't worry about the sound of an exhaust unless you plan on replacing the DP and midcat. I am with you though.....the stock exhaust is too quiet. I hear the motor and factory BOV over anything else.

Archived