LegacyGT.com

Setup MR Coils for Caster?

Metal2You

I searched and found that the front MR coilovers can be oriented to allow adjustment of caster as well as camber. If I were to install this way what camber and caster settings should I shoot for? Zero toe still I imagine.

I'd like an all purpose setup for spirited daily driving and maybe a track or auto-x day at some point. How much caster is too much? I'd like to get some of the benefits of positive caster (easier straight line tracking at speed, wheel return to center) without buying new LCA bushings but I don't want to be hopping up and down when I turn.

Would I be better off installing them the regular way and shooting for -1 degree camber?

Thanks.

I searched and found that the front MR coilovers can be oriented to allow adjustment of caster as well as camber. If I were to install this way what camber and caster settings should I shoot for? Zero toe still I imagine.

I'd like an all purpose setup for spirited daily driving and maybe a track or auto-x day at some point. How much caster is too much? I'd like to get some of the benefits of positive caster (easier straight line tracking at speed, wheel return to center) without buying new LCA bushings but I don't want to be hopping up and down when I turn.

Would I be better off installing them the regular way and shooting for -1 degree camber?

Thanks.

You can setup the MR coilover camber plate diagonally to yield a combo camber/caster plate. That is how I run them on my car. I like the extra heft in the steering, greater self centering and increased dynamic camber you get from extra caster. BTW, I'm sure you read about it already, but you need to swap the camber plates from left to right and vice versa for the install to work.

As for too much caster, I found that maxing out the plate for as much camber and caster as possible was a bit of overkill. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I think I'm now running around 7-7.5* of caster and around 1.5* of negative camber.

Archived