LegacyGT.com

Sautéed Shrimp in Roast Garlic White Wine Sauce

Brady

This is what I made for the office last week, and it was great.

Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:

1 head garlic

1 small onion

1 cup white wine

3 cups heavy cream

1 lb shrimp (large, medium, whatever; shelled and veined)

8 oz kernel corn

Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Rice (2 cups?)

Roasting Garlic:

Start by roasting the Garlic. If you haven't roasted garlic before, this is relatively simple. Peel the main outer skin from the head, but don't break the head apart. In fact, I have found it best to leave a little of the skin on. Drizzle the head of garlic with olive oil and a little water in a roasting pan, and seal with tin foil. Roast at 350 degrees for 40 minutes to an hour. Once done roasting, break the individual cloves and squeeze from their husk. Then mash the garlic with a fork. You'll use this soon

White Wine Sauce:

Start with your onion, finely diced. In a saucepan, add the onion to a tablespoon of oil (regular vegetable oil is fine for this) and cook until the onion is soft. Once the onion is soft, add the garlic and one cup of white wine. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the wine is nearly gone. Then add 3 cups of heavy cream, bring to a slow boil and reduce by half. Move contents to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and Pepper to taste.

Shrimp & Corn:

Add two tablespoons olive oil to a pan and season with salt and pepper. Sauté the shrimp and hold aside. Sauté the corn in the same pan. Once the corn is sautéed, add the White Wine Sauce and sautéed Shrimp to the pan and let simmer.

Rice:

Umm make rice? I dunno, I'm guessing it was about 2 cups finished. I used garlic seasoned rice ... but I will definitely experiment with different rice in future efforts just to see what I like. Jasmine will be next.

Serve the Shrimp and Sauce over the rice. Everyone in the office loved it and wanted the recipe.

This also reheated very nicely, so having extra is fine if you store things in sealed containers.

Archived