LegacyGT.com

Best sushi restaurant

Scotty

Sure, you buyin?

We should meet up for lunch though at some place near work. Tough thing is we don't really do lunch hour at my office :lol:

But I still make sure to do it now and then :cool:

cheapo bastid :rolleyes::lol::lol:

We don't really do lunch hour at my office either but if you wanna grab happy hour & some after-work eats or something I'm down. I'm pretty much tied to the desk from 8am to 3 or 4 pm

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

oh that would rock, you can wear your Cavarichi's :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

no doubt Jesse that sounds good to me

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

G St. between 2nd and 3rd St. Don't eat at the sushi place across the street that is next to G St pub. There's a reason why there isn't a line over there.

First time my coworkers and I went to Fuji's, there was a freaking line - and we got there 30 minutes before it opened (11am I think). One of the sushi chef was my coworker's friend back in HS so he gave us the good stuff - hamachi collar, yellowtail sashimi, soft shell crab that just kept coming, and whatever else we blurted out. Fuji's doesn't have the best sushi, but probably best bang for the buck sushi.

There's many great sushi places in Honolulu. I am japanese, so i am particular about what i eat, and where i eat it. I'd rather have sashimi, it's just like sushi, but you don't get filled up w/ rice. I really like izakaya's, where you eat lots of small dishes and drink the night away.

Best sushi place was shimaya in outer tokyo. We ordered different things, some items were $140!!! Needless to say for two the bill was over $800.

If you don't really appreciate what you are eating, the price will haunt you.

I am freaken jealous of all you guys living on the coastal cities. You can hand count all the sushi restaurants here in MN, and half of them suck. :(

the classic cliche'. Fresh Sushi in MN... Yeah I know, even in Boston it's brought in from other ports - we don't have yellowtail in the water around here.

Patience, Sushi is like a wave across the US, "if you build it they will come".

I am freaken jealous of all you guys living on the coastal cities. You can hand count all the sushi restaurants here in MN, and half of them suck. :(

True enough, but strangely, the best sushi I've ever had was in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Small place ran by a Japanese family and everything tasted surprisingly fresh. Wish I could remember the name.

Supposedly, the best sushi place here in Portland is Saburo's although one of the main reasons people like it, large portions, isn't a big plus for me. I prefer rolls that you can actually eat in one bite and be able to taste all the flavors at once. Not worth the 30min-1 hour wait to get in. I prefer Gaya Gaya on W. Burnside.

saw that. Thank God I'm not pregnant :lol:

I grew up in Maui and have been living in Portland for a little over five years now. The only thing I really miss are the beaches.

Maui's really commercialized now, i go for business there about once a month.

Shipping kills us here, and since we have been trackless for almost 3 years now, I really just wanna move somewhere, and i went to school in olympia, wa. I always wanted to move back to the PNW, and since we have no kids, now would be the best time. I need help coaxing the missus still.

Nobu is pretty good, but it's really freaking expensive.

We usually go to Blue Ribbon Sushi in Tribeca once a year or so. Not quite as expensive as Nobu, and more traditional... Also one of the few places you can get jellyfish... They also usually have a fantastic otoro and ama ebi.

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Kickin' it west coast style ... you can't beat "SACHII SUSHI" in Beautiful Whistler British Columbia...not cheap...but it rocks the party...always good to roll a nice cold bottle of expensive Sake while you at it!

Good times!

J

• 2 weeks later...
I have not been there in couple of years, but any of you NC folks in Raliegh ,durham or Chapel Hill ought to get by Sushi Yoshi btwn chapel hill and durham. It's right near the subaru/porsche dealer. I've always had great sushi there..
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived