LegacyGT.com

The chosen ones....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='gurpman']I wonder why IMBA says you need to contact them first and get the certificate before going to the dealership. Is it because IMBA wants credit for the sale? Or is it so the dealer will know you're getting invoice price before discussing trade-in, so he can screw you on the trade-in? I'm thinking if you show up at the dealership with an IMBA card, they know you can purchase at invoice, so why wouldn't they just let you go ahead and buy it (without jumping through hoops to get certificate, etc). I'm not sure what the difference is to the dealer.[/quote] You can go in to work out your trade in, and then after that is settled but out with the IMBA. Oh, you mean you need a letter first? OK, then we have us a deal as soon as the letter gets mailed to you. What? We can just take care of it right now? That's cool, too. :D

Yeah, exactly. It helps them track their marketing $$ better to know which sponsorships are paying off. So pony up for IMBA and use it. It will be a benefit for us as consumers to get a good price on the car. For the sponsored organization, it means the each sale will help Subaru justify it spending marketing $$ on the org, so it will keep them as a sponsor.

Archived