LegacyGT.com

The official where to eat in Chicago thread!

rc0032

Booked like a mofo...Cafe Bolero it is!

I recommend the Boliche (beef stuffed with ham) or the Miami sandwich (cuban sandwich w/ bacon). Fried plantains and empanadas are my favorite apps. Obviously, mohitos aren't optional. I've heard positive things about the sangria, but have never ordered it myself.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I give it a 6.5/10 good but not GREAT!

You guys should try this place. Similar food but better ;)

http://www.lastablas.com/

Eh, you and I should not eat together, very differing tastes.:lol: I hate Las Tablas, two terrible meals there, for all parties involved. Tango Sur on Southport on the otherhand, that was good south american steak.

Us not eating together is a given ;) I like Las Tablas when I went. Cafe Bolero was ok but nothing special. The reviews on Tango Sur look good I might have to give it a try.

Why bother, my recommendation is the kiss of death. Hittin' up the white castle for valentines day though. SHould be niiiiiiiiiice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I hear (dont know) it better than that other place you want to go. and the BYOB policy is nice. The chefs were great! no service staff you see into the kitchen and they come out and talk about east course and whats in it. The only one I didnt care for was the chicken liver. We did blow through 2 bottles of wine and some vodka infused with bacon (thier gift to us)

Very strange though; I called for a reservation left a VM then got a call back ~a week later and the guy was all like "dude...when do you want to eat..hows this date"? Very informal.

Guest heightsgtltd
Nothing actually tasted good, everything was conceptual from the spoon with the hole in it, to the food, to the service. HIGHLY overrated and very expensive. It was like an intellectual exercise vs. an enjoyable meal

Schwa was great in that respect; even with the 2 bottles of wine we were right around $300; it was a experience with the food, taste and presentation but a good one. The GF was WAY outside her comfort zone and I was a little pushed on mine at time but they chefs were total cool with it. Like when she didnt ficnish a dish they said "its ok this isnt always about liking everything but the experience" Totaly cool.

Archived