LegacyGT.com

Engine light ON, Cruise Control and [S] light blinking

Nimitz

Hi there,

I am driving a Legacy GT 2007. After parts upgrade shown below, the CEL light is ON and Cruise Control Light Blinking and Sport Light is blinking. I had made many reset, the result is still the same.

Any clue to the problem? Can anyone help me? Thanks in Advance!

Fuel Intake

Walbro Pump

SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator

Perrin Fuel Rail Kit

Air Intake

Blitz SUS Air intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet hose

Perrin TMIC

Miscellaneous

WORX crank Pulley

Pivot Razin Voltage stabilzer

Meters

Defi Display Link Defi Turbo Boost Meter

Apexi RSM and G Sensor

are you running a DP?

If your cruise light is blinking it just means it is nothing to severe that you cant drive it. Just as a process of elimination i would say get the code read before you jump to any conclusions and lose sleep.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I don't see if you are running an AP/ECUtek...if so who set up your tune.

Are you running a UP/DP CBE? Do they have Sensor bungs for your AP, or ECU?

07's are tough to get tunes on they just started to pop up recently. There is no way you could run this stuff on a stock ECU. That is an awful lot of stuff to not have a tune.

Does the car run like $hit?

I've been told by stealerships that Subaru wants you to loose some functionality when the CEL is on so you loose the cruise control function when the CEL is on. The Sport mode light is new to me but just like when it is cold they probably don't want harsh driving done in case there is something seriously wrong or with this car they treat it the same as the cruise. If the car does not run bad then you probably need a tune and clear the CEL then the other lights will go out. ;)

No, I'm not running any DP yet. I will check with my mechanics on the error code. I guess the process of elimination would help to narrow down the problem.

are you running a DP?

If your cruise light is blinking it just means it is nothing to severe that you cant drive it. Just as a process of elimination i would say get the code read before you jump to any conclusions and lose sleep.

No, it does not run like shit... In fact, it is quite responsive (light throttle). After reset through ODB (not the battery rest), the mode runs like mode while mode runs like [s#] mode.

The engine light ON, the cruise control and are blinking happen on the next 2 days after it had been reset.

I don't see if you are running an AP/ECUtek...if so who set up your tune.

Are you running a UP/DP CBE? Do they have Sensor bungs for your AP, or ECU?

07's are tough to get tunes on they just started to pop up recently. There is no way you could run this stuff on a stock ECU. That is an awful lot of stuff to not have a tune.

Does the car run like $hit?

• 3 weeks later...

My somewhat educated guess would be that your installer either left one the Air Injection harnesses unplugged, or broke one of the Air Injection System sensors while installing the Inlet hose.

I've seen that exact thing as few times...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. My installer has solved the problem. They claim to EGR sensor is faulty. However, I could see another sensor was connected near the Perrin turbo inlet hose as shown.

My somewhat educated guess would be that your installer either left one the Air Injection harnesses unplugged, or broke one of the Air Injection System sensors while installing the Inlet hose.

I've seen that exact thing as few times...

DSCN0643.JPG.73f7c2e822871376dcf4da3162b42d8f.JPG

• 1 year later...

hmm. I have the same problem right now.

-Blinking Cruise

-Steady Check Engine Light

-S mode blinking and can't be changed

-VDC light is on and can't be turned off

Car runs, idles and everything. Will scan the code after work today.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I've been messing with the wiring on my lights but I did that all last friday and it didn't give me any problems for a few days now. Mainly i just have the DRL plug unplugged.

Then all of a sudden i got the code.

I checked the wiring that i did, and didn't see anything, i unplugged the battery but the same error came back on after a few seconds.

Then I plugged the DRL module back in (has been out for months without any problems) but before I connected the battery i noticed the oil level was really low. I still had good oil pressure though. I topped up the oil (about 1quart), started the car and no errors.

Drove it to work today and still no problems.

Do you guys think it was the DRL wiring problem or the low oil level?

Since i disconnected the battery i assume the code is gone.

I'm going to re-disconnect the DRL plug and see if the code comes back on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
NImitz, first off I don't understand why you have the fueling mods, when none of them are necessary. The FP will be if you ever upgrade, but the rails and regulator? Those are a waste of money, until you get up above 450whp. Also, driving your car untuned with an intake is a huge no-no. Im suprised you haven't found that out on this forum. Causes your car to run lean. Lean mixture=fried engine. Plain and simple. Take off the intake, and TMIC, or get it tuned for it. These aren't just slap parts on and go cars.

Archived