LegacyGT.com

Trading in spec.B for 2.5RS

+ the cash to make it US street legal

other then that you are right. :lol:

nope, the above is all you need to do. There is a 22B at the SOA HQ in Cherry Hill, NJ. You can buy that one, save yourself the shipping and import costs, and just pay to have it legalized.

In fact SOA employees drive it on the street legally all the time, it last appeared at a regional subaru meet and i was actually following it on the freeway as the employee was driving back to storage at the HQ building.

That is a flaw of mine. I only notice when people are funny, not every time they are joking.

Well played sir. but still, its a useful social skill to recognize even the unfunny ones, taking them seriously could lead some to awkward situations in the future

I think my problem is that I spend too much time on forums so when people say dumb things I assume they're serious.

The only thing I saw when I was in Cherry Hill was a lot full of LGTs. :)

The 22B is there, just ask the Impreza forum members who attend meets in NJ/Philly.

Well GC8 is the chassis code that is given to 4 door and 2 door WRX and STIs in Japan from 93-99. In the US, 4 door and 2 door Imprezas are GC_ (_ depending on engine size, 2 (1.8L) or 4 (2.2L)), wagons are GF_ and 2.5RS are GM6s (6 for 2.5L).

I appreciate the help guys but I don't want to travel halfway accross the country to get one. I checked one out this evening witha ver.8 sti swap and only 7k on the motor. Still had a stock transmission though so the tune was conservative to preserve that. Based on this 1 ride I don't think I can go without the creature comforts that I've gotten used to in the Legacy :(

Still going to check out one more with a tranny swap as well before I make final decision.

lol

the original 99-01 RS shells are very on the cheap side, flexy chassis and poor sound insulation and quite short on interior features, its very basic. if youre looking for a daily drive comfort level with all the amenities and luxuries, youre better off avoiding the old RSes. Ppl like them because they're lighter, better looking and have that classic rally romance image attached to them. I used to own a 99, but after riding in them recently ive realized how crap a ride it is sometimes.

Archived