LegacyGT.com

Tahoe SNOWBOARD/SKI thread

super.duper.BL6

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be at Kirkwood this Sunday. Not sure if I'll be driving my car or taking my buddies Audi. Everytime I've been to Kirkwood this year, I've seen at least one LGT.

I've decided to go on Sunday instead of Saturday, so I might see your LGT up there. I'm not sure if I'm going to take my truck or the LGT though.

I've decided to go on Sunday instead of Saturday, so I might see your LGT up there. I'm not sure if I'm going to take my truck or the LGT though.

Take the LGT. Subaru is the official car of kirkwood.

http://www.kirkwood.com/winter/directions.php

Looks like so far I might be headed to Heavenly on saturday or sugarbowl on sunday, depending on which group of friends the GF decides to head with.

I was there from 12/30 - 1/2... just missed that monster storm. =( Stayed right next to Heavenly but rode 2 days at Kirkwood. That place is awesome even before that monster storm, I can only imagine now.

Saw lots of Subies, but mostly 2.5is a few WRXs and I think 1 GT.

This weekend is Mammoth! This is shaping up to be a good season.

Saw a bunch of outbacks and older legacies on the way up 50 friday night and back today around 3 but didn't think any of them were you guys.

Did see a grey spec b in the parking lot of Horizons hotel, 3rd floor, across from the elevator. I was leaving when I saw it, didn't catch any other details.

I saw three LGTs at Kirkwood yesterday. I had a blast. It was my best boarding day ever.

Damn! I didn't see another LGT there besides mine. :( Saw a lot of WRXs though.

Did you happen to see my silver LGT wagon there? I was in the main parking lot that's past the main lodge.

Did you happen to see my silver LGT wagon there? I was in the main parking lot that's past the main lodge.

I was looking for it, but didn't see it. All I saw was sedans. My buddy ended up driving his Audi from Jackson to Kirkwood. We saw a crazy accident on 88. An over turned Chevy S10 with the cab crushed in. The driver was lying next to the car with a blanket over him. Looked like he was either dead or in shock. :eek: I hope he made it.

• 2 weeks later...
Conditions were awesome. It was my best boarding day ever. They were doing avalanche control on the backside, so the other lifts were a bit crowded. I was still able to get 9 runs in. They have a ton of snow up there. I can't wait to go back.

• 3 weeks later...

The forecast for late this week is shaping up nicely:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/warnings.php?wfo=sto&zone=CAZ069&pil=XXXSPSSTO&productType=Special+Weather+Statement

There's lots of little storms coming in, but the key line is: "A MORE SIGNIFICANT STORM MAY BE POSSIBLE ON SATURDAY OF THIS WEEK."

Snowforecast.com is translating that into 32-40" for Kirkwood on Saturday:

http://www.snowforecast.com/californiafcst/kirkwood.html

Now, I don't fully trust their accumulation predictions, especially this far out, but the point is they think it's going to be big. Sunday should be nice. Very nice :D

This arrived yesterday:

http://www.ihavethememo.net/pics/titan_tx.jpg

Can you say "stoked?" :icon_bigg

I demoed a never summer and it was so stiff I couldn't carve very well, but it blasted throught the crap like it was nothing. What's the big deal with these boards? My Ride Control was less expensive and seems to work great. Is there something I'm missing out on?

^

dude....if i was in reno, i'd be up there every weekend, if not every weeknight!! Seriously though, i'm just jealous that it only takes you 20-30min out of Reno to get to the slopes.

Hopefully i'll be able to be suddenly "sick" and make it up during the week after this new series of storms hit.

Archived